Best Video Editing Software?

Started by G_G, July 19, 2009, 11:47:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Okay whether its free or cost money (preferably free) pust a few video editing software that you thinks the best. I have two on my compute rnow.

Camtasia Studio 6
Vegas Pro 9 (trial)

I have a few videos that need heavy editing and I would like to know which one(s) I should use. So help please?!? :)

Starrodkirby86

Video Editing as in...Actual editing of video to make special effects and of the like...?

Or just transitioning, picture-in-picture, stuff like that?

I would recommend Sony Vegas, but for screen-recorded achievements, try Camtasia.

Windows Movie Maker is good at times, but if you have the other two programs and know how to use it, they blow that program out of the water. WMM is the best free program of movie editing software.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

I meant actual video editing to add special effects. Me and a few friends made some videos on halo 3 and want to add some funny stuff, cool stuff, explosions that just appear.

I'm still trying to understand Vegas, I'm okay with camtasia. I really dont know how to use either of them. >_> lol

Starrodkirby86

Then it's definitely got to be Vegas, or something from Adobe.

...Actually...the best video editing software's on the Mac (At least what I learned in Middle School). Sorry Windows users!

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

G_G

So which adobe product than if I may ask do you think I should try?

Starrodkirby86

Googling yields me this, Adobe Premiere Pro.

impulszero

try Ulead Video Studio
official site: ShowHide

try this stuff in full pack, it can do some serious things.
i didt get anything newer asince UVS 8, but i think that UVS 11 is just fine as well :)
<br /><br />Order is for idiots, Genius can handle Chaos.

Subsonic_Noise

Adobe After Effects is some professional shit. Afaik it can do nearly everything related to special effects.

G_G

NONE OF THESE ARE FREE D:

XD lol thank you torrents er no I mean thank you 5000 dollars I have on that debit card

Subsonic_Noise

July 20, 2009, 09:50:22 am #9 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:28:23 am by Subsonic_Noise
Quote from: game_guy on July 20, 2009, 09:42:37 am
NONE OF THESE ARE FREE D:

XD lol thank you torrents er no I mean thank you 5000 dollars I have on that debit card

It's better not to download buy that big programs via torrent legally. If possible, download the demo and then get a crack pay for a serial number.

G_G

July 20, 2009, 10:23:16 am #10 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:24:49 am by game_guy
Thats what I always do ^_^

Currently I am trying

Corel VideoStudio 12

Umm Impuslzero I cant find the trial to UVS (Ulead Video Studio) anywhere. I see patches and updates for the program but no trial or download at all.

EDIT: Impulse I just now realized it xD

fugibo

I'm not too experienced in the area, but I know for certain that the _real_ pros (as in, Hollywood-level guys) use custom software and some of the extremely advanced open-source stuff. Not because it's inherently better or easier to use, but because it can do _everything_ if you have enough experience -- which they do.

Disney, for instance, uses a completely custom-written Linux stack for all its work.

omegapirate2000

I use adobe premiere personally.
Spoiler: ShowHide