[XP] Auto-Targeting for Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, July 26, 2009, 02:57:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagutsuchi

9VoltWiseMan

I was thinking of something like this.

I just tried it against a boss, battles are much better now! Thanks! *levels up*
The Beta Demo of Curse's Flaw will be here.. Eventually.

legacyblade

Blizzard

November 09, 2009, 04:20:48 am #23 Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:27:32 pm by Blizzard
That means I need a new one. ._.

EDIT: I updated this script so it works with Blizz-ABS v2.6 and higher properly. Remember, if you are using a lower Blizz-ABS version, keep using your old version of the script. As soon as v2.6 is released and as soon as you switch to v2.6, you need to update this plugin.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Pristuz

Awesome addon. So simple to install. :haha:

Is there a way to do disable the old way of using skills in Blizzabs? So that you can only use this targeting system and not be able to do it the old way with everyone frozen?

element

Sorry for the huge necropost guys,
but would this be compatible with RMX-os? Cuz I really need this thing in my project...

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

Can you make it not target enemies grouped as Lifeless? A pain in the ass when making zelda ripoffs :knight:

chaucer

January 21, 2012, 01:03:23 pm #28 Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:01:04 am by chaucer
im sorry to necro this but i need to ask few things about this script. is there anyway to check if there is an enemy targeted? such as $BlizzABS.autotarget enemy? i know thats completely wrong lol just an example i tried to find it but i only found the buttons for it and i can get the event to run off that but i'd preffer it to run off the actual target cause when its off the buttons the event dont stop. well guess it was only one question hope it makes sense. im a little tired.
Edit: Remembered the other question lol i dont think it'd be too hard to add this but would it be possible to add move.forward command to the auto turning as well and if so where could i add it?
also could the targeting be triggered by clicking an event? (using mouse script i guess itd be action button though) like say i click on an enemy and it will target that enemy? thats the only questions i have. also can this be used to target players? but only allowing healing or helping skills?

Edit:ok i resolved the moving toward an event.. i just need a little help with how to target something an enemy by action button im sure it can be evented? and how run an event based on if there is a target or not. (and optional.) targeting party for healing?
is it possible to add the AI movement into this script? so that the player will move toward the enemy? just curious would it be hard to add it? which pieces of the AI movement would i need to write in ? or maybe i could add it on a common event?

Edit: is there anyway to set a custom auto target? to explain better i.e. after an event happens have the auto target set to a specific enemy. i'm taking a guess that it's something to do with this line here?
$BlizzABS.autotarget = targets[(index + 1) % targets.size] if index != nil

any helps appreciated.

Kiwa

Just thought id post this in here as well as littledragos "smart target".

I found the homing bug that i remember bringing up months ago in another thread. (once i spent some time on it)
it seems to be linked to "charge" skills.

i put some more detail into it on dragos page. but basically if a skill is on charge i can spam it to make it cast unless the charge is over 40 frames or so.
that same bug caused targeting issues on yours and littlegragos version.

after setting it to no charge...it was all well and good.

Just a note for you and the community Blizz and anyone who is trying to figure out why they cant cast their friggen fire ball till they nerd rage on the hot key.

Kiwa

Hey Blizz. I found a funny bug.

Using the Shooting / thrusting skill set up with a charge (move on charge)

I also have the BABS red circle disabled by moving the "$game_temp.select_data = nil".
on line 109 to 111.
and AUTO_TURNING = true

I run around to shoot people. I face them and while my spell is charging. no problem.
Then the fire ball shoots... but it doesn't shot in the direction I'm facing. it shoots in the direction of my last directional key pressed.
really pretty funny.

idk if that's related to BABS or this code.. but i figured id mention it.

Blizzard

Hm, really not sure how this was supposed to work. I haven't touched this code in quite a while. Also, I'm not sure if it will work properly if you change the code.

Can you explain step-by-step what you do, what happens and what you expect to happen?