[XP] Z-HUD for Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, July 29, 2009, 04:34:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

karldaylo

Guess they dont mind bout it?, or maybe they didnt include this minimap featur in their game (and most of the ppl i know uses blizz abs dun use z-hud)

another bug report:

the BG of minimap still remains (just like in the "after scene" of game over scene) when your in the choice of "To Title Screen,End Game,Cancel" (after confirming END GAME on the default main menu)

:)

you might try it to be assure that it is a bug of the script not my system :P...

thanks....
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt

JellalFerd

May 04, 2011, 10:17:00 pm #81 Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:36:05 am by JellalFerd
Is it possible to change the hotkeys back into a horizontal display?
I don't honestly like this vertical display.
QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

GamerGeeks

sorry for nicro post... but dose anyone have some demo pictures i can get? i just need to see how it all looks like.. it dosent matter if they are made in paint and is crappy, it is only for demo! i wont use them for my game..... Thanks in advance :)

Boba Fett Link

I've found an interesting glitch. When you transfer to a new map, the minimap background image disappears. Toggling the minimap off and on again makes it reappear.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

RPGManiac3030

Quote from: Boba Fett Link on December 29, 2011, 04:52:51 pm
I've found an interesting glitch. When you transfer to a new map, the minimap background image disappears. Toggling the minimap off and on again makes it reappear.

Adding on to this...if you exit the game, the minimap background image is still there, even when you go back to the title screen and start a new game.

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)

Boba Fett Link

Also, if the minimap background has disappeared because of warping and you go to the menu, it will reappear after you exit the menu.
This post will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Taiine

Sense the original graphics were taken down thanks to a certain someone. I'm offering a new set that may be used it's its place as 'default'. There boring and ugly, and if anyone thinks to truly for real use these, rather then use them as a base to make their own well.. there is something -badly- wrong with them.

ZHUD Template

Blizz, you're free to add the images to the first post, though maybe host it somewhere yourself just in case :3

Now onto a little request I've asked a few times before.

Can someone, PLEASE, edit the script to allow an image to be set in the background of the bars, and a level display? I have tried a number of times in the past to to it myself, people saying it's 'easy' well I am no scripter, even peeking at other scrips to try and figure it out only left me with a big mess.

I would really appreciate it if someone could make what should be a simple addiction to this script. I have a hud I made that I would adore to use but it can't unless I can split the bars, from the image 'holding' the bars.

Blizzard

I've mirrored your template at CP's server downloads.chaos-project.com and added a link to the first post.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taiine

February 05, 2012, 11:38:43 am #88 Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:18:00 pm by Taiine
Alright ;3 That should keep people happy.

I did forget a screen shot for it however.
Spoiler: ShowHide

There fix. Yep ugly and boring but that's why it's a template :P

Now, if I can just find someone to do the script edits for me...

btw, the map bg thing does still turn off when you change maps. I noticed that with the script alone when I was testing it out ^^

Edit: Still no one wants to edit this to add a background image behind the bars and level? or fix the mini maps bg so it don't poof with changing maps? ;(

Blizzard

February 18, 2012, 06:44:47 am #89 Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:50:27 am by HK-47
*shakes head in disapproval* Adding a background images into the original code was literally 8 lines of code. And nobody could do that for Taiine? :facepalm: Sure, an extension code with aliasing would have been a few more lines. But 8 lines? Come on. :/

Z_HUD_BACKGROUND = ''

if BlizzCFG::Z_HUD_BACKGROUND != ''
     @zhud_back = Sprite.new
     @zhud_back.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture(BlizzCFG::Z_HUD_BACKGROUND)
     @zhud_back.z = self.z - 1
   end

@zhud_back.dispose if @zhud_back != nil
   @zhud_back = nil

Also, I fixed the minimap background problem when switching maps or opening the menu.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taiine

Thanks so much bliz. <3
But um.. what about the level display?

and also.. how doyou move the SP bar? I found out how to move the HP bar around by editing line 140
@hp_x, @hp_y, @sp_x, @sp_y = 25, 3, 0, b1.height + 8
But can't find where to edit to shft the sp bar.

Blizzard

sp_x/sp_y are the ones. They are actually all in that line.

@hp_x, @hp_y, @sp_x, @sp_y = 25, 3, 0, b1.height + 8

The "0" corresponds to sp_x and the "b1.height + 8" to sp_y. Feel free to change the first and add values to the second such as "b1.height" or "b1.height - 4" or "b1.height + 4".

Taiine

Thanks again. Though (as seen in last shot) the tip of my hp bars getting cut off... it's not when it's pulled back... am I missing the width somewhere?

and still like a level display ^^;

Futendra

Is it possible to do this?:

Z-HUD graphics1
Z-HUD graphics2

If a switch is on Z-HUD graphics1 are used, if it is off, Z-HUD graphics2 are used.
If possible, any idea how to?

AJNR95

Can we get a list of "Advanced Script" Commands that can be used for Z-HUD?
eg. Changing the HUD, Shutting off the HUD

by Blizz: Spoilered, because image is 2.6 MB.
by AJNR95: Unspoilered, because fuck you - ¡Viva la Revolución!
by Blizz: Spoilered again, and Banned.

Andreavnn

April 24, 2012, 05:10:56 pm #95 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:13:12 pm by Andreavnn
Quote from: Blizzard on February 18, 2012, 06:44:47 am
*shakes head in disapproval* Adding a background images into the original code was literally 8 lines of code. And nobody could do that for Taiine? :facepalm: Sure, an extension code with aliasing would have been a few more lines. But 8 lines? Come on. :/

Z_HUD_BACKGROUND = ''

@zhud_back = Sprite.new
     @zhud_back.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture(BlizzCFG::Z_HUD_BACKGROUND)
     @zhud_back.z = self.z - 1
   end

@zhud_back.dispose if @zhud_back != nil
   @zhud_back = nil

Also, I fixed the minimap background problem when switching maps or opening the menu.

Was this added to the actually script of just a plugin? If it is a plugin what lines does it replace or need to be inserted at? I am doing a background with events right now and it is hard to get everything evented right to turn off and don correctly. This would make it much easier. Thanks for any help.

*EDIT* Grammar check  :facepalm:

Blizzard

April 24, 2012, 05:12:40 pm #96 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:14:08 pm by Blizzard
It was added to the script. I was just ranting how simple this edit was and nobody could take the 5 minutes to do it.

Andreavnn

April 24, 2012, 05:13:41 pm #97 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:15:45 pm by Andreavnn
Thanks Blizz, I think mind might need updated then. :)  :evil:

*EDIT* Nevermind, I found the problem don't have the picture setup right in the script.

Need to add my image name to the ''  :facepalm:

Blizzard

I just noticed that nobody answered some questions here while I was in the hospital. >_>

@Futendra: It's technically possible, but the script is configured once and that configuration cannot be changed while the game is running. You would have to get somebody to edit the script for you in order for you to be able to do that.

@AJNR95: Z-HUD has no special script commands. Everything you need is in Blizz-ABS. Z-HUD is basically an upgrade to Blizz-ABS's HUD. So everything that works for the default HUD in Blizz-ABS, works also for Z-HUD as if Z-HUD was the default HUD.

theneonheart

Is there a way to get the hud to disappear during interactions... or to have it gone during the maps where blizz abs is off because there are no enemies?
I don't know if making it invisible has been covered yet, it might be what you're talking about when layers were mentioned a couple pages back but i'm not sure.

Here's a screenshot where a picture is overlapped by the hud:

Thanks for the script.
My Games: ExXception Draft - A Cyberpunk Detective Story with a Twist of the Paranormal