[XP] Z-HUD for Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, July 29, 2009, 04:34:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Change "def initialize(tone = Tone.new(0, 0, 0, 0))" to "def initialize(tone = Tone.new(0, 0, 0, 0), index = 0)" and below change "@actor = $game_party.actors[0]" to "@actor = $game_party.actors[index]". I'll add that to the next Blizz-ABS version as well.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

calling it from the menu screws up the window positioning of the hotkey menu. Any idea what's causing the problem? (I could make ya a demo if you need it)

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Blizzard

Eh, I can't find any reasonable explanation why this is happening. -_- Demo me then.

legacyblade

Sorry to be asking for help so often, of late. Here's the demo. Pretty much the only thing in the menu that'll work is the hotkeys window (select tools for it) since I only included as much in the demo as needed to replicate the problem.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w6cp4y

yuyu

Its anyway for you to change the HP to a Bar, like the MP one?

Aqua

Blizzard

@LB: Fixed and put up a new version.

legacyblade

It's working great, except that all skills are grayed out (like they usually are when you can't use that skill). Also, it displays the SP cost next to the skill, rather than the amount of times you can cast it in the hotkey window.

KaiserSaix

I'm having a little trouble myself. I made my own graphics for the health bar and sp bar but it seems when I'm attacked that my health bar doesn't drop from side to side, but from up to down. Anyone with a solution?
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Quote from: legacyblade on December 18, 2009, 11:26:47 pm
It's working great, except that all skills are grayed out (like they usually are when you can't use that skill). Also, it displays the SP cost next to the skill, rather than the amount of times you can cast it in the hotkey window.

That's because the $game_temp.in_battle variable is set to false somewhere in your CMS. Set it to true (i.e. when you call the hotkeys scene) and it should work fine.

Quote from: KaiserSaix on December 20, 2009, 06:59:32 am
I'm having a little trouble myself. I made my own graphics for the health bar and sp bar but it seems when I'm attacked that my health bar doesn't drop from side to side, but from up to down. Anyone with a solution?
Spoiler: ShowHide

There's an option in the configuration for that. -_-

legacyblade

Thanks. It's fixed now :) Sorry for being so much trouble.

Blizzard

Don't worry about. You found a bug after all.

Makasu

Now I have to ask does this support a background image for the hp bar and mp bar?  Y'know just like a box picture or something so you can truly make custom Huds? Sorry if it does. I haven't had time to test and I'm typing this from my phone at the moment. :p thanks in advance.
Dead on Arrival is the name of my project. Topic thread coming sooner or later.

Me on deviantart.com
My talents: ShowHide

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating
             PM now for a personal quote!
[[Will draw character art for you for $$$ or scripts!]]

Blizzard

December 22, 2009, 09:28:09 am #55 Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:29:22 am by Blizzard
Are you saying those images don't look like as if they had a background image for HP and SP?

Quote from: Blizzard on July 29, 2009, 04:34:54 pm
Screenshots

Makasu

No I mean like this

Ergo Proxy: ShowHide

See how the HP and Mp bar has like a background image something along those lines.

I don't mean as flashy of course. But along those lines.

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating

winkio

yes.  The HUD is fully extensible, so all you need is a half-decent scripter and you can do anything you want with it.  That stuff is not included in the default HUD because it is supposed to be generic.  I think the purpose of this is to get games that actually look and feel different with Blizz-ABS, instead of all Blizz-ABS games using the same graphics and such.

Blizzard

It's like adding 3 lines of code.

Makasu

My one weakness scripting. :) It took me forever just to edit BABS default HUD to show the currently equipped icon but I guess I could play around with it and find out. :D

Me on deviantart.com

• Spriting
  • drawing
  • html coding
  • website design
  • skating