[XP][VX] Key Simulator

Started by Fantasist, December 11, 2008, 01:55:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

This script is not a keyboard or input module, this simulates key strokes. You can fake a couple of key presses, that's it.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

G_G

Is someone willing to make this Babs compatible?

Aqua

G_G

I tried it and none of it works. Then I tried it in a brand new project and it works.

Aqua

It worked perfectly for me.

I put it in the 1st slot and am using newest version of Blizz-ABS.

G_G

at the very top of the scripts? Maybe thats why its not working.

Fantasist

Glad to know this is being used, thanks for everyone using it :) I'm sorry though, I'll most likely NOT improve this anymore and I'd be glad if someone improves this and puts it to good use.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Megamanx4884

I really don't understand this. I've tried quite hard to figure it out. Could someone give a small step by step in exactly what to put in the "Call Script" and how to use it for a tutorial in RPG XP?

I want to use it in battle and menu but when I call the script, it doesn't work. >_> Please help.
DO NOT CLICK!

Why don't you people listen? D:

Fantasist

Well, yeah, I realized the other day that you can't make battle tutorials  with this, I'm really sorry. But you can do it for Blizz-ABS.

G_G

@Megaman: do you use a custom menu system? If so send it to me, I had to make my custom menu twice, one for the actual game, and one for the menu tutorial, its gone now but if you want I can help you.

Megamanx4884

@Fantasist: No battle tutorial? D: Oh noes. I needed one quite bad.

@Game_guy: You're right on the mark. I'm using a ring menu, and I already sent it to you. Thanks a bunch :D

:???: Does anyone know another script that can help create a battle tutorial or how to do it with events? I'm using CRLS, so I'm sure the players will need help of some sort. Maybe when I finish, I'll post it up in the events system so others can use it.
DO NOT CLICK!

Why don't you people listen? D:

G_G

well this can also be used to make a battle tutorial, just gotta duplicate the battle system its complicated in a way oh and the ring menu I'll see what I can do

Fantasist

I'm sad I didn't realize it earlier. :(  You MUST edit the code to automate user actions and anyone who can do that wouldn't really have to use this... I feel stupid ._.

PS: btw, you HAVE to edit the code because the common events don't give you enough control over WHEN you execute script calls in the program flow. Now that I think of it, I could use a separate... "interpreter" (for the lack of a better word) which can generate the presses after a certain time and runs along RMXP's default interpreter class. But it still requires the user to mod some part of the scene they are trying to automate. Hm....