3 Card Monte

Started by Hellfire Dragon, August 08, 2009, 05:18:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

3 Card Monte
Version: 1.0
Type: Mini-game

Introduction

I'm having some gambling games in my game, this is one of them. Thought I'd release it :)
My game is more modern based, dunno when this game was invented but it'd be easy to replace the card pics with something like, uh, chickens, guess which one there's an egg under or something :^_^':
For those of you who don't know this game, 3 cards are on the table, you're shown a card and then it's put face-down on a table with 2 other cards, you make a bet and pick a card, if you're right, you win some money and if you're wrong, you lose it, simple.

Features

• Play 3 card monte :P
  • One simple common
  • Show's how much the player won/lost

Screenshots

N/A

Demo

Download - Mediafire

Instructions

Copy the common event into your game and then make another one on a map, like a man or something, that calls the common event.

Credits and Thanks

• Hellfire Dragon

Author's Notes

I love gambling :evil:
Also, report any bugs in this thread :P

Alunasa

I found a bug with the three card monte.  I was testing out the event and eventually lost all of my money.  When I chose to continue playing, I couldn't exit the three card monte game.  It keeps saying that I don't have enough money and there is no way for me to exit the card game.  Other than that, the system is awesome and I'd love to use it in my game.

I hope that this can be fixed...maybe with an exit option or something.

GAX

little background on 3 Card Monte, that's just a street version of the standard "Find the <object here> under the <container>" game, 3 Card Monte is usually played as a scam though and involves finding a certain card out of three, the "dealer" will usually rotate the card positions, from time to time revealing two cards at a time (one of which would be the target card) and on the final drop would switch the target card with another card making the game impossible to win.

Oh the hell that game can cause =3

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

A popular way to avoid the scam is to reveal the two remaining cards rather than the one that is the target card. If only one card isn't visible and the revealed ones are not the target cards, the hidden one must be the target card.
Just adding that to GAX's history. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taiine

Darn this would have been a fun little addition, but not until the bug gets fixed >.<