Costum Controls problem with Trigger

Started by effeff, August 09, 2009, 09:56:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

effeff

Hey Guys :)

I really like the "Tons", never heard of it before until I found a piano-Script , what I really wanna have in my game!

The Piano Script is using the 6.56b where all Buttons on the Keyboard are getting a Code.works great...

the point is if I put it into my Project, my self-made menu-system isnt working anymore
I choosed to use the Button Input Processing with a Variable and if the Variable is 13 means its Esc its 12 its Enter-Button.

If I press Esc the menu starts, if you would press Esc again, it dissapears again.

Now with the Tons the Button Input Processing doesn't work anymore... so I changed all "if Variable = 12/13 then.." conditions into Script "Input.press?(Input::B)" (later I also tried "Input.Trigger?(Input::Key["Enter"])" like it was mentioned by game_guy in the Shoutbox).

Anyway, now it does appearing and immediately disappering, because the Trigger was still on "Esc" even if i dont press ESC, the Input thinks its still ESC and let the menu disappear again -.-

Is there any way to make the Button Input Processing working again? Because the I can let him say, ok after ESC was pressed , set Variable to 0 and wait for a change... but now the input.Trigger always say its on ESC..

I tried it with Call Script "Input.update" but my game was freezing -.-

G_G

I dont really understand...so when you open the menu it closes?
Umm there are alternatives to opening the menu its X, space is also the Enter button. I think I might know the problem hang on

EDIT:
Well I placed tons in a new project and everythings working just fine. So what other scripts are you using?

Aqua

Input.trigger?(Input::Key['Enter']) is not the same as Input.Trigger?(Input::Key['Enter'])

Try the lowercase trigger? instead

effeff

I still have that problem-.-

Here a test Prog: http://home.arcor.de/tollars/Esc-Menue.exe

I just want if you press Esc that my picturemenue is going to start.. if you press up or down it should go tothe next item if you press X it will start the selectet option(i deleted the up-down procedurein the test-prog)

Right now it just has to start with Esc and end with Esc , but because of the Trigger its starts and imediately ends again.. as i made this menue I made it with Button Inout Process and Variable and that worked... but because of the piano-demo who needs Tons 6.32b the button input is not working again.

Maybe Blizzard can write the code that the Button Input Processing is working again( if you press a key put the Ascii-Code into a Variable)

G_G

you're common event is set to autorun, try settting it to parallel process it works

Aqua

Why don't you just get the menu scripted...
*shrug*

effeff

The Paralel Process is really working... problem now: The Hero is moving in the background... if it would be Autorun the Hero isnt moving("blocked")....

Event Master

Set your player on a move route while the menu is open. If it's on a move route, you can't have any input...mostly.
World's Greatest Gravedigger

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on August 27, 2010, 03:58:48 pm
Dude, gravedigging is not cool. Especially not topics where the topic starters' accounts were already deleted.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.