3d Art Midterm

Started by tSwitch, August 19, 2009, 03:20:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tSwitch

I made this in class in about 2 hours, as part of the midterm that is due tomorrow:

Spoiler: ShowHide

After about 3 hours work refining and adding to it, I have this completed model:

We also were told to texture the hands/head/face/boots, so I did, the texture on the body/legs/arms is just a placeholder because sky blue looks shitty with the textured parts.  I haven't bothered with the torso or anything yet because it wasn't part of the assignment.  I might later

for about 5-6 hours work, I'm happy with the result.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

G_G

very nice NAM :) one question however I remember you're saying you're going into game making for your career. I'm just curious will you be in the art team?

Or do you plan to be in a different team? or multiple teams?

tSwitch

Quote from: game_guy on August 19, 2009, 03:22:23 pm
very nice NAM :) one question however I remember you're saying you're going into game making for your career. I'm just curious will you be in the art team?

Or do you plan to be in a different team? or multiple teams?

it's weird.
I can do art, I can program, and I can develop.
I'll probably do whatever needs doing.

Starrodkirby86

An all-around person...very good...

And I feel this is the foundation of something very epic...*snickers* Great work, m'boi. If I were to pick on something, perhaps it'd be some of the textures, but that isn't much of a big problem as the polygons are way higher priority...Speaking of polygons...how much does that use?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

tSwitch

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on August 19, 2009, 06:19:03 pm
An all-around person...very good...

And I feel this is the foundation of something very epic...*snickers* Great work, m'boi. If I were to pick on something, perhaps it'd be some of the textures, but that isn't much of a big problem as the polygons are way higher priority...Speaking of polygons...how much does that use?

I didn't bother counting.
Texture quality wasn't the main point, just that we knew how.

Diokatsu

Hey look it's the same quality graphics as the Wii! Good job!

tSwitch

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on August 20, 2009, 11:15:28 am
But, back to topic. I like it. Perhaps you should work on the textures, though. Or leave it like this and call it cell shading :V:

the assignment was to show that we can texture, not to make it look really good.  I'll be making my final project look much better.