:/ Rage against the BlizzABS II: Big and Sheepy

Started by RoseSkye, August 19, 2009, 08:44:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

The title has nothing to do with the contents of the post  :haha:

Anywho, I'm working on a system where you can hit enemies into the air and rape them there afterwards they fall on the ground. It's easily accomplished through status effects.

If (x) button is pushed  (or if skill is used for the ally AI)
change enemy state to Knock Up (Process)
Move event [insert animation here]
add state Knock up (air)
remove state Knock up (Process)
wait (x) frames
add state Falling down (Process)
remove state Knock up (air)
Move event [insert animation here]
wait (x) frames
add state Ground
remove state Falling down (Process)

Only problem is states can't stop enemies on the ground from hitting airborne players and visa versa.
Any recommendations for this roadblock?

Blizzard

Lol!

Just give the state the property to prevent movement.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Quote from: RoseSkye on August 19, 2009, 08:44:55 pm
Only problem is states can't stop enemies on the ground from hitting airborne players and visa versa.

Too tired to think of anything.  Just pointing this out.

Blizzard

Paralyzing an enemy completely stops him in Blizz-ABS. -_-
If you have problem from other enemies attacking that player, why don't you simply use the invincible state from Tons?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

RoseSkye

August 20, 2009, 09:43:44 am #5 Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:45:02 am by RoseSkye
Blizzy, baby.

I'm not trying to prevent the one being knocked up (bwahahaha) into the air from hitting others. They're already in can't move/ no resistance. I'm trying to prevent those that aren't in the air from preventing those being hit into the air.. while those in the air (and those with a long range weapon) can only hit those in the air.

Blizzard

That's definitely a tough one. I don't think it can be done through plain eventing.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on August 20, 2009, 09:48:37 am
That's definitely a tough one. I don't think it can be done through plain eventing.

:(
... *sniff* I thought not.

fugibo

Quote from: Blizzard on August 20, 2009, 09:48:37 am

Wouldn't it only take ~10 lines, max, to script, though? I mean, just do

return unless target.states.any? {|s| BlizzABS::UNATTACKABLE_STATES.include? s}

And add in all the code for UNATTACKABLE_STATES (obviously it should really be in $game_system for ease of access, though)

Blizzard

You, misunderstood it the same way I did in the first place.

And I was referring to eventing it being though. I know that it would be relatively simple with a script. 10-20 lines probably.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Blizzard on August 21, 2009, 03:39:13 am
You, misunderstood it the same way I did in the first place.

And I was referring to eventing it being though. I know that it would be relatively simple with a script. 10-20 lines probably.

*cough* That could be a new BlizzABS add on. Combined with a combo counter *cough*

fugibo

return unless target.states.any? {|s| BlizzABS::UNATTACKABLE_STATES.include? s}

Blizzard

RoseSkye

Quote from: RoseSkye on August 20, 2009, 09:43:44 am
Blizzy, baby.

I'm not trying to prevent the one being knocked up (bwahahaha) into the air from hitting others. They're already in can't move/ no resistance. I'm trying to prevent those that aren't in the air from preventing those being hit into the air.. while those in the air (and those with a long range weapon) can only hit those in the air.

I'm quoting Rose too, seems like all the cool kids are doing it.

Blizzard

Yes, that one additionally complicates it. >.<

Event Master

What you're trying to do is make it so that ground enemies can't attack air enemies, right?

You COULD do this with an element, but I don't know how you could add/remove element status on the fly. States can add element resistance, but not totally eliminate them from damaging.
World's Greatest Gravedigger

Blizzard

Event Master

August 27, 2010, 08:32:12 pm #17 Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:37:18 pm by Event Master
Maybe I REALLY should pay attention to the dates...

Didn't mean to, and won't happen again.
World's Greatest Gravedigger