Are either of these possible in RMXP?

Started by lilbrudder917, August 19, 2009, 11:26:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lilbrudder917

I'm pretty sure the first one isn't possible, but I'll ask anyway.

1) Is it possible to have the BGM stop when the RMXP game window is inactive and then start where it was again once the window is active again?

2) Is it possible to have all events continue when the RMXP game window is inactive?
(Example: Conditional Branch, every 200 frames, 300 gold is obtained)

If it is, please tell me how, if not, well, then you can't tell me how.

Aqua

1) It is. Search for it; it's been asked countless times before.

2) Not really... o.o

Diokatsu

Quote from: lilbrudder917 on August 19, 2009, 11:26:55 pm
2) Is it possible to have all events continue when the RMXP game window is inactive?
(Example: Conditional Branch, every 200 frames, 300 gold is obtained)

Ah, what? No it's not you're dumb. If you can find a way to have a timer sync with your computer's clock, beginning when you set the event to trigger, then sync and judge the amount of time you've been out of your game then sure but you're basically working within a 10'x10' square and trying to build a mansion, kiddo.

lilbrudder917

August 19, 2009, 11:41:50 pm #3 Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 11:49:58 pm by lilbrudder917
Quote from: Aqua on August 19, 2009, 11:30:03 pm
1) It is. Search for it;

Searched "Active Window" on Chaos-Project and only this topic showed up.
EDIT: "Inactive Window" showed some unrelated topics when searched on CP.
Searched "stop bgm in rmxp when window inactive" on Google. Nothing of interest.
Searched "active window background music" on Creation Asylum. Nothing that I think would help.
EDIT: I also searched "inactive window" on Creation Asylum, no results at all.
Where else should I search?

Quote from: Diokatsu on August 19, 2009, 11:34:12 pm
Ah, what? No it's not.

That's all that was needed, thank you. The rest was rather unnecessary, I was just trying to find and alternative to the first question.

EDIT2: Perhaps you thought I meant when the window is closed? I didn't mean that if that's what you thought I meant. Just when the window is open, but something else is selected.

Ryex

the inactive window thing is impossible as the RGSS player automatically freezes when inactive as such both your requests are impossible without editing the player it self which no one will do so sorry neither one is possible
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Aqua

1st is possible... >.>
I'm too lazy to search :x

Starrodkirby86

Then please do make the search and effort Aqua, or give us some keywords. This isn't as easy as you may think, especially because when the window is inactive, there's no code in the Ruby that can help handle that (Or easy ones). <3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Aqua, you misunderstood what he meant. He didn't ask for map music to resume after a battle.
And both things are pretty much "impossible" in RXMP because making it possible would require to edit RMXP's engine quite a bit.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

I thought I saw a topic somewhere else about this...
And I tried searching RRR yesterday with no luck.

Might have been somewhere else...

Orrrr I could have totally just misunderstood the topic I'm thinking about and thought it was what he's looking for...

Sorry! ^_^""