'Genetic Augmentation' Script

Started by BlackStatic, August 20, 2009, 02:20:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStatic

August 20, 2009, 02:20:33 am Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:37:54 am by BlackStatic
Alright, this is something I've wanted to do since the early stages of creating my game. Since my game is set in the future, and in a society which revolves around gene enhancement, I thought it necessary to create a system built just around that. ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated. Now, on to the blueprint I've thought up.

SPECS:

Available as a window in the menu screen, like items, almost. This will tell what augmentations are affecting the characters DNA. There will be certain stores in the game, where the player can purchase additional enhancements, so more names will be added to the list over time. I need something like this.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Enhancements are additions to the virtually pure DNA of the characters, so the more enhancements the character gets, the more... bloated the DNA would become, creating less chance of success during an injection. I would like a bar that could track this 'bloated progress', and hopefully be available in the information window. I would like a section in the script where i could set the starting/base level of this meter for each individual character. Each enhancement fills the bar a certain percentage, and have differing success levels (3 to keep things somewhat easier for you),

'Highly Reactive'    -   (99% success at 0%, 43% success at 90%, 0% success at 100%. DNA Expansion Range - 0.1% - 2.0%.  G.S.L. - 100%)
'Reactive'        -        (75% success at 0%, 27% success at 90%, 0% success at 100%. DNA Expansion Range - 5% -  11.6%.  G.S.L. - 50%)
'Low Reactivity'    -    (50% success at 0%, 10% success at 90%, 0% success at 100%. DNA Expansion Range - 17.4% - 40%. G.S.L. - 10%)

TERMS:

DNA Expansion Range - The percentage of how much the enhancement fills up the 'Genetic Compression Bar' (G.C.B.)
G.S.L. - Found after a certain point in the game, the Gene Separation Laser is a machine that has a chance of removing a genetic enhancement from your D.N.A-S. Code (DNA Synthetic Code), for a price.

That is basically all I need included in the script, but I would like if I can easily add the enhancements with a single line of code, like this:

ID1 - ('(Enhancement Name)', (Price)', '(Bloat Percentage)', '(Success Level - 1 through 3. 1=Highly Reactive, and so on.)'

Something along those lines. Thanks for reading all this confusing stuff! :D
"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it..."

Aqua

And the DNA would affect which stats?

BlackStatic

Quote from: Aqua on August 20, 2009, 02:34:57 am
And the DNA would affect which stats?

Everything. HP, SP, and the others. It would also, for higher level enhancements, grant you special abilities, like bonus attacks and field options. Augmentations will affect mostly every aspect of the game.
"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it..."