[RMXP] Fatal Waters v1.0

Started by Lt. FOX, August 30, 2009, 02:01:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt. FOX

August 30, 2009, 02:01:03 pm Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:53:31 pm by Lt. FOX

Hello. This is a simple 30 minute game I made for a school project. As some of you may know by now, I'm planning to extend this game from 30 minutes to somewhere around 2 hours. People seem to be impressed by the game which drove me to extend it. If you would like to help on the game in any way, please contact me. Thanks!

Also, Fatal Waters was nominated for a .ORGY award over at RMXP.org! The category was Favorite Completed Game of 08-09. Thanks to EVERYONE who voted for FW and a very special thanks goes out to who nominated us! From what I remember, we didn't place, but we came in 4th. Not bad at all...

!URGENT!
I'm currently looking for someone to help me with a few scripts so the new update can be finished. If you are interested to be a part time scripter or want to join, please check out the thread below this message... Thanks.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=4499.0

Long ago, the great Arbinan Sea once ruled half the planet of Sandora. Traders and merchant ships had to travel great distances to sell their goods they obtained from their journeys. Legend tell of an ancient pirate ship that is said to hold an untold amount of treasure. This ship became caught in a fierce storm centuries ago and was swallowed by the unforgivable sea...

Life on this planet was limited to the westernmost side and overpopulation was a major concern for the peoples that lived there. Crops and livestock we're scarce and the freshwater supply was anything but clean. Disease spread like rapid fire.

The citizens prayed to their gods for more land and soon their prayers were answered. The sea floor split open in an awesome display of seismic activity and volcanic eruptions. People flocked to the newly opened land in which they called Tulloch and once again lived very successful lives, up until the pandemic broke loose.

The crops and livestock grown and raised on the new land became toxic. People soon found out that the soil used to grow their crops had become extremely deadly due to the drainage of the sea water into the land. An antidote was made for the disease which cured the people and once again, people went on living great lives.

Our story takes place in a small village nested on the northernmost part of Sharnall. In this village lives our hero, Scott Lawson and his widowed mother. The two lived very successful lives up until Scott's mother became extremely ill. Doctors rushed to her side and concluded that the cure that once protected her, had mutated. The disease slowly became immune to the cure by altering her DNA.

Scott became worried and sought after an alternate cure for his mother. This is his story...

Name: Scott Lawson
Bio: A brave and courageous young man who cares for his mother on a daily basis. After her infection, he stands by her day by day making sure she is safe. Scott becomes fed up with watching his mother die and decides to find an alternate cure.

Name: Adam Patterson
Bio: Adam is Scott's best friend and side-kick although he is a coward. He has become extremely intelligent which makes up for his lack of strength. Adam aids Scott in his quest to find a cure for Scott's mother.

Mothers Room: ShowHide

This is the first scene in the game. Scott's mother lies sick on her death bed.

Dellina Forest: ShowHide

This is the connecting forest leading to the cavern you find in the game.

Dellina Forest w/ HUD showoff: ShowHide

Yet another pic of Dellina Forest. This is the new HUD system (prototype) I plan to add in FW.
Features include...
*HP, SP, and DASH bars
*Allies w/ bars.
*Players HUD tracks Time and Money along with current level
*Quick inventory. Allows up to 5 items in one slot. 8 slots total.
*I MIGHT add a EXP bar to track players and allies EXP...
*Minimap
*Quick Quest Log

Lost Cavern: ShowHide

This is a pic of the lost cavern Scott and Adam find. This picture shows the circle of light effect used in the game.

*Lockpicking (In new update only)
*Traps to navigate around (In new update only)
*Improved Graphics (In new update only)
*Quests (In new update only)
*UMS
*Circle of Light (In new update only)
*Chrono Trigger CMS (edited)
*Advanced weather
*Pause script
*Dash system (In new update only)
*Party Item Limit - Let's you carry a certain amount of items. (In new update only)
*Skill shop
*Checkpoint system (In new update only)

Credit: ShowHide
Credit:
:SCRIPTS:
Ccoa, Zeriab, Eilei, SephirothSpawn, SDK Team, Sobeman459, Paradox
:GRAPHICS:
Scott Lawson, Dominic, Axerax, fox5, Erk, greenraven, Hypershadow180, Cos, CanadaATW, Pickle/IceAxe, PINDEAXP,  Enterbrain, Coyotecraft, Arctrooper48, jbrist
:OTHER:
Advocate Bishop.
:SPECIAL THANKS:
CanadaATW, FOX5, Paradox, Kain_Nobel

*If you see anything I did not give credit for, please tell me and I'll be sure to add it

RoseSkye

September 02, 2009, 12:21:43 am #1 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:48:44 am by RoseSkye
The game looks beautiful, if you ever want it reviewed LE is holding making a review show.

Edit: The game looks great however the gameplay is riddled with grammar errors, inconsistencies, mapping errors, and eventing errors. Too many to cover right now (that and I'm lazy).

It was short.. like five to ten minutes short but its good experience for you to improve your mapping and etc. Overall I think you did a good job for a practice game.

Lt. FOX

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm going to have to upload a fixed version of v1.0. I have everything you mentioned fixed, it's just I run off Dial-up and it would take FOREVER to upload a new 1.0.

I was hoping to get an updated one (1.2) out soon to replace the old but, as stated in the thread, I've been having scripting troubles. I've made the game longer, 30-40 min, added a few new features, new maps, etc to the new update so whenever I can get it finished, I'll have it up ASAP.

Another thing. This is not a pratice game. The old (1.0) was a project, but I've decided to extend it to a full game with over 2-3 hours of gameplay.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Lt. FOX on September 02, 2009, 04:25:20 pm
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm going to have to upload a fixed version of v1.0. I have everything you mentioned fixed, it's just I run off Dial-up and it would take FOREVER to upload a new 1.0.

I was hoping to get an updated one (1.2) out soon to replace the old but, as stated in the thread, I've been having scripting troubles. I've made the game longer, 30-40 min, added a few new features, new maps, etc to the new update so whenever I can get it finished, I'll have it up ASAP.

Another thing. This is not a pratice game. The old (1.0) was a project, but I've decided to extend it to a full game with over 2-3 hours of gameplay.

2 - 3 hours is not a full game.

Blizzard

10 minutes can be a full game if you say that this is the full game.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Lt. FOX

Well, however long it takes me to complete the storyline in the game is how long it will be. 2-3 hours is a rough estimation. Basically, for it to be considered a full game, it must complete the plot line and resolve the main characters problems. Or something along those lines...

So basically, Blizz is right b/c the plot can be something simple like go find Jimmy and return home.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: RoseSkye on September 02, 2009, 04:59:09 pm
Quote from: Lt. FOX on September 02, 2009, 04:25:20 pm

2 - 3 hours is not a full game.

That was pretty ignorant, RoseSkye....  :P