[REQUEST/POSSIBILITY] Isometric Fields... and Equipment driven status effects...

Started by Satoh, September 05, 2009, 11:15:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Satoh

I've seen a few Iso battle scripts... and I found a broken link to a supposed iso map script... but I've yet to actually see an actual script...

So here's what I want to know... it it possible to make an isometric map movement script? By that I mean, would it be possible to get a script that replaces standard Up down left right with Northwest Southeast Northeast Southwest respectively?

This being a movement of 2,1 X,Y.

For the Second part of my request, I'd like to know how to attach status effects to weapons and equipment. Specifically I want to add an invulnerability status to a sword...

I want to add an 'always max damage' status to another sword...

and I want to add a status that has a 50% chance to save the player from a killing blow, while at the same time giving a regeneration effect, on an accessory...

(I should note that I also need to know how to make such effects... It shouldn't be hard to do with a script, but I don't know how to attach a script to either a status effect or a weapon...)

EDIT: Before I get to hasty... Thanks for any help you can provide.

EDIT2: Ok Looks like Tons has two of the status effects I need... all I really need now is 50% chance of keeping 1HP on fatal attacks, and 'always max damage'....

(Speaking of maximums.... is there a way to break damage/level limits?)
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Ryex

try looking around for f0tz!baerchen's pixel movement script I thing it has what your looking for... if not... well try looking for a crono trigger started pack I KNOW it has something simaler
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Satoh

I'll look into it, thanks.

Now I need to figure out how to execute scripts through equipment...
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources