The Hourglass of Ages: The Awakening

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 01:51:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Should my cbs use the map as the battleback?

Have the Map as battleback
Use normal Battlebacks

Vell

>.< oops, I meant GBA, why did i say DS? cuz I have pretty much forgotten bout gBA by now!

ITS A GBA GAME, and its pretty cool in itself, but Symphonia is better.

Nortos

Calintz

Have you tried that new Final Fantasy 12 for DS?

Vell

I'm in the process of beating it, usually playing only on the weekends.

Nortos

wtf a FF12 on D.S man I'm out of it...

Vell

Nortos

Vell

*imitates Nortos in the not being offtopicness*

Nortos

January 15, 2008, 09:57:53 pm #28 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:12:20 pm by Nortos
Demo should be out in a week or week and a half for pple who are interested it'll also have all the features of the cbs completed except for the seperate skill commands and chaos rage it'll only have one section to select skills from.
Demo will be up to 40-75mins

EDIT:

Thread update and Trailer video added enjoy :) Demo 2.0 should be out soon!

2nd EDIT: Added a poll, should I have the map as battlebacks or not for my cbs? I think it could look quite good especially with Inquisitors medieval tilesets and because normal battlebacks would make battlers look tiny but Lufia did that and it was quite good. I'll post a screeny up in a sec here it's *note that the battlers opacity is low for some reason not sure why but don't take that into account*

Calintz

Nice Vid man...
BTW, how do you guys make 'em??

Nortos

I use BSR than upload it onto youtube BSR has a free trial version for unlimited days

Calintz

Nortos

Also remember to vote on this poll guys

Fantasist

Kind of hard to decide. I mean, look at Maeva, what if the map had water there? It would look stupid. But otherwise, I'd have voted for that. I didn't vote btw. I say you take screenshots of each map and use them as battlebacks, without using the script. It's lame, but it prevents stupid situations.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

I did that but was too lazy to get her out of water :P anyway I'm also not sure what the opacity problem is with the enemy battle O.o any ideas?

Calintz

Looks kinds like the tileset from Shades...Ccoa's current project...

Nortos

It's inquisitors medieval outdoor tileset, also what do you guys think about this...I'm thinking of changing interiors to VX tilesets they look good with XP charsets and r nice looking and easy to map

Calintz

Hey, it's your project...But make sure you don't do anything that actually jeopardizes it's quality...I say with normal Backgrounds...

Fantasist

January 25, 2008, 07:30:54 am #38 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 07:37:09 am by Fantasist
QuoteI'm also not sure what the opacity problem is with the enemy battle O.o any ideas?

Does it stay like that always or it turns transluscent in between? If it's the latter, you can track down in which phase it's happening (the default battle scene has 5 phases) and pinpoint the mechanism. You can use
p @phase
to get the phase. I think I have a small code snippet somewhere, hang on...

EDIT: I call it 'Battle Phase Prompter' in the script editor. Paste it below all 'Scene_Battle's and try it out.
Scriptlet: ShowHide
class Scene_Battle

alias phase_check_init initialize
  def initialize
    @current_phase = 0
    phase_check_init
  end

alias phase_check_upd update
  def update
    if $DEBUG && true
      if @current_phase != @phase
        p "Phase #{@phase}"
        @current_phase = @phase
      end
    end
    phase_check_upd
  end

end
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

ty for that but I think I may stick with battlebacks for now, also I almost lost about 5-10hrs work today I backed up on third hard drive just recently but today comp sort of um...exploded when my dad was using it, it was a problem with a switch that still sent the power when it was plugged off it exploded comps power supply it's fine now though we swapped it but need new fans