Tech demo needs testing

Started by Leon_Westbrooke, September 20, 2009, 11:32:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon_Westbrooke

I know, I am a bit of a ghost here, and for this I apologize.  I have just been busy with life and working on different unique ideas.  With this one, I just need people to test this tech demo, and see if they can find any flaws in the graphics of it all.

Now, as for the description:  This is a first-person labyrinth style tech demo.  This is one of many systems needed for the game I am working on, but with all the work it entails, it is difficult for me to test every nook and cranny.

'screenshot': ShowHide

Demo Download (700kb) (2shared)

Blizzard

September 21, 2009, 04:19:22 am #1 Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 04:20:33 am by Blizzard
I can't test it, but I have a suggestion. You should use a sprite for the 3D render in the upper left corner instead of a window. Also, I don't think you have to limit yourself to 16 color textures. set_pixel (if it was made that way) pretty much doesn't care how many colors you use since it always works with 24 bit colors.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Leon_Westbrooke

September 21, 2009, 02:46:08 pm #2 Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:47:33 pm by Leon_Westbrooke
The upper-left area is actually 15 sprite variables; and it goes through roughly 20-25 pictures to make it look like you are wandering through a maze.  I did this because 25 picture graphics is more appealing than 1 for each direction in each 'square' of the maze.

The idea behind this setup was to look similar to an old NES or DOS system first person RPG.  Since I have those 15 variables, If I want, I could actually use any graphics for the walls, so long as they fit the size of the image I originally set for that portion of the wall.

That being said, If i could find a graphical artist who would love to draw walls, stairs, etc, I could actually make the labyrinth 'window' itself look better with 24-bit colors.  I, however, haven't this talent.

Everything you see is graphics.  Now, the text is in a window with 0 opacity.