fugibo

Diokatsu

Why this game doesn't even look good.

legacyblade

What system is it for again?

fugibo

Quote from: legacyblade on September 26, 2009, 05:29:34 pm
What system is it for again?

Nintendo DS. The PSP one is named Birth by Sleep.

G_G

does the psp one come out the same day?

fugibo

legacyblade

hey sweet, I think I still have a DS. If I remember, I'll have to buy the game 179 days (179 is simplified 358/2). Weird title, but I want to figure out who the heck that girl with the dark hair that looks exactly like Kairi is (without being spoiled).

Diokatsu

Again, why do people want this game. It's just another Kingdom Hearts. I thought people would be already happy with their Final Fantasies, but now people want another JRPG with uncountable amounts of spinoffs????????????

legacyblade

They're fun, in their own way. And after you've played 1, 2, CoM, and all the Final Mix games, you're too interested in the story, lol. At least it's not as bad as fanflick spinoffs, eh?

fugibo

September 30, 2009, 11:47:45 pm #9 Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 08:49:49 pm by Longfellow
So far, I like it. The controls are kinda funny, and they use A for attack and B for jump, so it's kinda backwards to the way you play on the PS2. The controls are okay other than that, except for the camera, which I find pretty weak. The story is really, really weak so far, but I haven't even met the girl yet, so yeah... They included voice actors (yay!), and it's definitely NOTHING like Chain of Memories. I don't have much experience with the Panel system yet, so I can't really comment on that, but I was slightly disappointed since I was told it was gonna be like the Battle Network block thingymabob, which I really liked. The graphics and sound are awesome considering it's the DS - pretty much exactly like those of the PS2, but more aliased (grainy) and lower-poly (simpler).

/minireview

If you have any questions, shoot. I'm gonna be wetting myself all day tomorrow waiting to play it more when I get home :P

Edit:
I was wrong about the panel system, it's actually much more complex than I first thought. The story gets deep pretty fast, too, but I will admit that it outright sucks for the first ~two hours of gameplay.

Edit 2:
Quote from: Diokatsu on September 26, 2009, 09:52:04 pm
Again, why do people want this game. It's just another Kingdom Hearts. I thought people would be already happy with their Final Fantasies, but now people want another JRPG with uncountable amounts of spinoffs????????????

Trust me, this game isn't just "another Kingdom Hearts." The only similarities are the general experience (graphics style and music, level design, et cetera, is very KH1-ish) and the battle system, which is also slightly different (and much more reminiscent of KH1, as well.) Everything else is totally different, and the multiplayer is quite good so far.

WhiteDemon15

I actually got this for my DS, a few days ago. I thought I would hate it, but instead, I like it. I thought I wouldn't like it because of the levels and music being recycled from Kingdom Hearts 2 (although there are a few from part 1). But I forgot that I loved Kingdom Hearts 2.  :^_^':

WhiteRose

I've never been able to really get into the Kingdom Hearts series myself; I played about four hours of the first one on the PS2, then gave up. I don't really know why, since I loved Crisis Core, which has very similar mechanics, and the story seemed decent. Maybe a bit of a Disney overdose. Still, it doesn't look half-bad. Maybe I'll pick up a copy and give it a shot.

tSwitch

Kingdom Hearts is a good Action RPG, the story is good enough to be bearable, and makes sense, though the clash between Disney and Square is somewhat annoying.

The best concept in the entire series is the Heartless vs Nobodies thing, especially Organization XIII.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr