Item laying on the ground

Started by secondVISION, October 03, 2009, 03:54:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secondVISION

Hey,

how can I make an item laying on the ground ?
Needs to be done with events and then action button to pick it up?

Hellfire Dragon

That's fairly basic. Make a new event on a map, pick an item graphic, then just use the Change Items event to add the item, and make sure the condition is set to Action Button.
It should look like this
Spoiler: ShowHide

Jalm

You forgot that you need to turn on a switch after that, otherwise the player can keep getting items from it.

After the Change Items command, add a Change Switch. I'm going to assume you know how to work with switches, because if you don't, you really need to look up a tutorial.

New Event Page, under Conditions on the lefthand side, click the Switch Box. Select the switch you turned on. Don't touch anything else, and the item should disappear after you pick it up once.

You may also want to add a Message command to say that the player picked up a necklace.

secondVISION

Ye, I know how the switches work :D
Thanks, thought that there could be an easier way but thanks :D

Hellfire Dragon

Oh yeah, switches forgot that one :^_^':
An easier way 0_o Like what?

RoseSkye

Quote from: Hellfire Dragon on October 03, 2009, 11:16:23 am
Oh yeah, switches forgot that one :^_^':
An easier way 0_o Like what?

Having someone else do it.

Event Master

Did you know that you can spawn events via script?
If you don't know how, there's a script out there that will let you make events on the map called Modules.Event Spawner by SephirothSpawn.
Just use that, make a pre-made event copied from another map, then have it work like was suggested.
World's Greatest Gravedigger

Blizzard

Dude, gravedigging is not cool. Especially not topics where the topic starters' accounts were already deleted.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.