Legacyblade Graphics

Started by legacyblade, February 12, 2008, 03:13:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

Hey everyone, it's me again. Although I've made lots of sprites in the past, they didn't start getting decent until recently, so I'm only posting my newer work here. Hope you like it, and can find some use of my resources. They're free to use, as long as you credit me (or course).

This is Nethera, he's the main character in my game, Darkness Rebirth, but I thought I'd put him up here too.

Spoiler: ShowHide

The guy you'll find below is Omega, God of Darkness. He was originally "Swordsman-01", but that game maker died, so I decided to make him a free resource

I also made a pouch icon...

and a wavy sword

and finally: Longsword-01

Hope you can use those.

Nortos

they look good :) I like your shading reminds me of Breath of FIre

legacyblade

Breath of Fire, that's marth and roy, right? I'm glad my work looks like a commercial game, that makes me happy. Thanks for the compliment.

Punn

Thats Fire Emblem, Breath of Fire from Capcom, the commonly used name Ryu and Nina...

And yeah, your graphics looks really really nice.

legacyblade

Thanks, I spent a long time on Nethera.

Vell

Nethera looks ok, but his armor could use some upgradin, his head looks like normal, then his armor is just, weird, in comparison.

Omega looks cool, and i like the design, but everything sorta blends together, i have difficulty telling his arms apart from his cape.

also, if Omega is a God, then he needs to seem bigger, more intimidating, he needs to exude awesomeness, and power, this is just, a cool, serious, sword-dude who is like, leet. but not godly.

just my two cents. feel free to ignore this.

legacyblade

A critique! It's been awhile since I got one! About Omega just being a leet looking swordsman, that's how he's supposed to be. You can tell his godliness mainly from his powerful voice, and the strength of his eyes. Also, that's his body before he has fully left the mortal realm. In the story, he has his godly powers, but until he's killed (or kills himself as sometimes happens) he stays in a semi-mortal body, and can move about in the physical realm. About everything blending together, I'll try and fix that. I might even take off his cape, I never liked it. The sprite was originally by request, his name was Swordsman-01.

On to Nethera. What do you mean by upgrading? Do you mean have it cover more? If so, that's just a design thing, he's supposed to have light armor that only covers part of him. He's good enough with a blade that he dosen't need much armor. If that isn't what you mean, could you be more specific on him?

Thanks for a critique, I don't get these very often, so I always take such things seriously, and listen to the advice given.

Nortos

Quote from: UltaFlame on February 12, 2008, 08:21:00 pm
Omega looks cool, and i like the design, but everything sorta blends together, i have difficulty telling his arms apart from his cape.

breath of fire style :P

legacyblade

Quote from: Nortos on February 13, 2008, 12:05:05 am
Quote from: UltaFlame on February 12, 2008, 08:21:00 pm

breath of fire style :P

lol. I was mimicking fighter04's cape, and it turned out that way. So I guess fighter-04 is breath of fire style as well!

Calintz

legacyblade

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!