New Sprite Style for my game

Started by [Faint], October 06, 2009, 06:56:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

Check out Rose's new game. He is using higher level charasets.

legacyblade

[Faint]

Ok I increased the amount of swatches and have redone the shading. Please tell me what you think. :^_^':
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

legacyblade

It's better, but the shading could do with more contrast (difference between the darker and the lighter colors). For most of them (except the blond hair), I'd say brighten the two lightest shades. For the blond hair, darken the two darkest shades. That should help a bit. Other than that, looking great.

[Faint]

October 15, 2009, 10:49:44 pm #44 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:08:14 pm by [Faint]
alright cool. thanks btw :)   mainly just the hair then?

Calintz

They do look a hell of a lot better, but it seems that if you encounter a big area with no direction, you automatically resort to pillow shading. This looks bad at this high level of detail. Also, you may have added more swatches, but did you increase the amount of change between each of them?? There is barely no changing from one color to the next.

[Faint]

October 16, 2009, 08:36:10 pm #46 Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:56:07 pm by [Faint]
Yea i increased the amount of change between them. :( I even used black for some outlines. I will try to work on some of the "pillow shading", it's just a little bit hard to avoid it on some parts :^_^':  So could you give me some feed back as to what parts of what sprites could use work?

Cid

Looks good. Although one thing that stands out for me is the skull on the hat of the third character. He's facing an angle slightly, yet the skull is perfectly straight. If you shave off a layer of white pixels from the left (with the exception of the two next to the black pixels) I think it'd look better. You might want to dull the white a little, too. The brightness causes it to stand out a bit too much for my liking.

Anyway, nice work.  8)

Calintz

The large areas of cloth ...
The clothing dangling in front of the character's legs and such. In some instances, even the pants are pillow shaded.

[Faint]

ok will try to work on that. Kind of sick atm and it sucks because I never get sick..... :(