Side-view Battle Style

Started by Calintz, October 09, 2009, 08:53:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Did he lose his eyebrows on the 3/4 view? XD
You don't need to change the mouth in my opinion.  Just add angry brows :x
I think if you add those correctly, then he'll look awesome.

Calintz

No, he didn't lose his eyebrows, but they are really hard to show, because his bangs cover them for the most part. With the new changes, the face became quite crowded. It's hard to fit detail in there. I'll see what I can do though.

@Faint:
I don't see the happiness ... =/

Aqua

His eyebrows should be clearly visible even with the bangs.
The eyebrows are extend past the eyes, so if you can see the eyes, you should be able to see the eyebrows.

[Faint]

It's looking pretty good now and sorry about the mistake, I just looked at it real quick from my laptop before I was heading out the door. On second glance I fail to see the happyness  :^_^':
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Calintz

October 11, 2009, 03:00:13 am #24 Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:54:47 am by Calintz
@Aqua: ...argh... Lol.
@Faint: ...hurray!! =D.

Update:
Alright miss Aqua.
What about now??

Aqua

OMIGOSH I LOVE IT <3
Those small details really added to the emotions of the face. :D

Calintz

October 11, 2009, 12:32:03 pm #26 Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:06:49 am by Calintz
!! XD !!
We have a winner!!

I am going to whip up a quick enemy in this style after I finish creating the female charaset template for Remexos.
I'll stage the battle in 3 / 4 view as mentioned earlier.

Battle:
Hero:                >:(
Enemy:      :wacko:

[Faint]

Does he get shoes later in the game?  :^_^': just being a smart ass lol looks great.

Calintz

Lol, SETTLE DOWN!!
He'll get shoes if he wins a couple battles. The bastard needs to pull his own weight for once!!

[Faint]

Quote from: Calintz on October 12, 2009, 09:52:35 pm
Lol, SETTLE DOWN!!
He'll get shoes if he wins a couple battles. The bastard needs to pull his own weight for once!!

lol

Aqua

Oh btw...
His bulge still looks kinda big... XD

[Faint]

Calintz

LMFAO so!!??
Lol, I didn't fix it or add shoes, because he is just a test.

[Faint]

Yea I understand that. The sprites I am working on are kind of a test. Trying to get a hang on the whole larger sprite thing. Mainly just have to work on my shading  :P

Calintz

I agree. I like the basic shapes of your sprites. They are nice.

[Faint]

Why thank you! That means a great deal to me. I have been working hard to improve my spriting skills and I would like to think it is paying off. :P

Calintz

Well it isn't like I objected to anything else in your post =D.

legacyblade

Wow, the template is looking good now. I'd totally play a game that uses this template, and most side view battles bore me :P

Calintz

I appreciate that very much ...
I don't care for the shading of his hair though ...

Of course this template only pertains to Luke.
Each characters would have their own template to administer a separate pose.

Of course the style would remain.

legacyblade

Aye, his hair does feel a bit flat. But that hairdo is hard to do well on a sprite. I'm terrible with hair, so i can't really offer any advice other than trying to make it "more messy". While it doesn't fix the problem, having some dot shading using the 4th from lightest (I think it's the mid tone, but I'm not sure what you call it) in the 3rd from lightest section (the section you use as for the majority of each hair chunk), improves it a bit. You shade your hair a lot like cloth, you generally have the colors in smooth blocks using the other colors just to add the overall shape. With hair, you're supposed to be a bit more messy, and not have as uniformity in the shading. (I could be totally wrong, but that's what I tend to see in RTP hairdos)

And I was hoping you wouldn't just use a base pose set for each character. It's boring when games do that. Glad to hear that you're not :D