[XP] Mouse Controller

Started by Blizzard, October 09, 2009, 09:18:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

That's possible. :/ I'll take a look at it.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

The mouse follows me but i cant seem to klick on anything.
I think it just isnt overriding the confirm button (space bar)

If I would be able to click with it, can I walk with it then ?

Ryex

this dose not override the confirm button instead adds its own input check to the game.
and you can't walk with it unless you link it to a path finding script
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

If you want the click to override the confirm button, get Tons of Add-ons, activate Custom Game Controls and set the first / left mouse button as additional or as only confirm button.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

element

and I cant use custom controls for blizz abs so Im waiting for your plugin blizz  :D
Anyway the clicking works without blizz abs
ty very much  :haha:

Blizzard

If you're using Blizz-ABS, just assign the left mouse button as confirm button.

element

January 10, 2010, 10:59:17 am #26 Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:25:08 pm by game_guy
TY It works perfect  :haha:
So your plugin that youre about to make is only for the pathfinding and stuff ?
Or aint I getting the point  :^_^':

EDIT:
Sorry for double post but Is there already a pathfinding script compatible with this ?

Please just edit post instead of double posting ^^ ~ G_G

Blizzard

No, there is no path finding really compatible with this.
Yes, the plugin will be so the player uses pathfinding like allies when you click somewhere. Basically you will use forced actions on the player with the plugin.

BeAddicted

If I click on New Game there is an error message

Script 'BlizzABS 2' line 2999: ArgumentError occurred
wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)

crzyone9584

Quote from: BeAddicted on February 05, 2010, 12:32:58 pm
If I click on New Game there is an error message

Script 'BlizzABS 2' line 2999: ArgumentError occurred
wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)

Make sure your scripts are in the right order

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html

Change the order Not sure how u have it set up. But check the list and follow thats order for the scripts you have in your game.

BeAddicted

ok now I'm in the game and I can only click with the right mouse an then stands there
"unable to find fille Graphics/Characters/001-Fighter01_wpn_1."

element

Then ... Maybe you need to make that graphic ?
It's just a blizz-abs graphic, has nothing to do with the mouse controller.

flautose

February 26, 2010, 10:33:25 am #32 Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:42:17 am by flautose
If I did understand the plugin for pathfind will work as if the player clicks somewhere the character will walk in that direction, like finding the way?

I have installed it here and works neatly, so I do have a question: if that path-find is incremented would be possible to interact with an event in the final location by premeditating a final action? I mean if that would be possible to do something like LucasArts Games, I.e: the right button will examine the event the left one will dig, and the middle one will attack (or just open a small menu by clicking on the event coordinates with all those actions or more), would be nice to pick up a item by just clicking on it as well and the hero finds a way to go there.

Blizzard

This is only a mouse controller and it will stay only a mouse controller. What you need is a custom script that utilizes the mouse controller.

flautose

Ok,

thanks for clearing me that, I've requested for this on the appropriate section then. I just don't get what was that plug-in you were talking about?

Blizzard

The plugin is for Blizz-ABS so you can use the Mouse Controller with Blizz-ABS and turn your game into a point-and-click RPG.

Ryex

um Blizz I just realized something I don't think you ever configured the script to define the left or right mouse input buttons... in the auto configure section you refer to Input::key['Mouse Left'] but now where else is it defined... unless douse this require the Tons costume input addon to have those buttons work? Is tones set up so that 'Mouse Left' is all it need to use the proper Win32 API call?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Yes, Custom Controls has them defined. I remember that I made a version upgrade just to add the mouse buttons.

Ryex

ah so it appears the the mouse window system I'm making will need both the mouse controller and tones if it is to work properly

Blizzard

Yup. I made it on purpose like this. If you want a specific system, you need to used a few components for all "low-level" functions that you need. Input module and a mouse controller are not the same thing and they are not similar or related. The only thing they have in common is user input.