[XP] Mouse Controller

Started by Blizzard, October 09, 2009, 09:18:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phcs666

September 19, 2010, 12:08:55 am #60 Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:10:26 am by phcs666
Quote from: nathmatt on September 18, 2010, 09:45:06 pm
place this below the mouse controller
class Window_Selectable < Window_Base

alias update_mouse_se update
 def update
   if @last_index != @index
     @last_index = @index
     Audio.se_stop
     $game_system.se_play($data_system.cursor_se) if @index >= 0
   end
   update_mouse_se
 end

end

Thank you nathmatt, it works perfectly
It was lagging a lot so i removed the "Audio.se_stop" and it works better now  :haha: thank you again

phcs666

Sorry for double posting but, i was making some searches here about that ASCII thing, hexadecimal values and decimal values, it seems that theres no value for the "wheel down" and "wheel up" commands :(

Hope im wrong =x

element

People need to learn that there is a EDIT button.
AND THEN USE IT

Blizzard

Quote from: phcs666 on September 19, 2010, 02:22:43 pm
Sorry for double posting but, i was making some searches here about that ASCII thing, hexadecimal values and decimal values, it seems that theres no value for the "wheel down" and "wheel up" commands :(

Hope im wrong =x

Then there's not help for you.

And yes, please use "Modify" button the next time instead of double posting.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

phcs666

Got it, ill never double post again.

QuoteThen there's not help for you.

Well then i will try to make another way on my controls...

And, err, i found a "bug" ( i dont know if it is actualy a bug )

In battle ( default battle system ), the mouse cursor dont work when selecting a target ( thats why i was trying to setup the "left" and "right" keys to the mouse wheel "up" and "down" >< )

Off: damn im causing so much trouble  :o

Blizzard

Well, as I said in the first post...

Quote from: Blizzard on October 09, 2009, 09:18:19 am
This script is not meant to be used as a standalone but rather in combination with special menus that are properly adapted to support a mouse controller system.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

phcs666

Quote from: Blizzard on September 19, 2010, 04:24:45 pm
Well, as I said in the first post...

Quote from: Blizzard on October 09, 2009, 09:18:19 am
This script is not meant to be used as a standalone but rather in combination with special menus that are properly adapted to support a mouse controller system.

Oh right, i missed that, well then will adapt it myself ^^

So, there is no way to completly turn off the mouse controller ? ( since it remains active even if the cursor is hidden ), i think its a vital function, and i mean, im not requesting it especially for me, for example in cutscenes, even if the mouse cursor is hidden ( even with an event set as "automatic start" ), it can cause problems if the player keeps clicking and moving the mouse arround ( using mouse controller enchantment script for example, wich make it possible to start events by clicking on then )

nathmatt

mces can be disabled with
$MCES.disabled = true turn it off with false
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

phcs666

Quote from: nathmatt on September 19, 2010, 05:03:51 pm
mces can be disabled with
$MCES.disabled = true turn it off with false

I know, can something like this be done on the main mouse controller script ? ( so picture menus can work )

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

phcs666

September 19, 2010, 05:38:22 pm #70 Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:54:16 pm by phcs666
Quote from: nathmatt on September 19, 2010, 05:26:51 pm
thats why i made this http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,6552.0.html

OMFG, how could i miss that ( and i though that i checked the script database twice )

That solves all my problems *-* ( how does that lvl up thing works ? )

EDIT: damn, it took me a while to understand your Picture Command script, it does'nt help me the way i through.

To be extremely clear, i made 2 vids ( 200kb ), one with the mouse controller and another one without it, the vids speak more than words ( this is my last attempt for a "$mouse.disabled = true" function T_T )

http://www.mediafire.com/?62efzbzrhd8pcry

EDIT: nathmatt just PMed me and its fixed now, nath, dont you think that your fix should be posted here and also added to the thread ?

Quote from: Blizzard on September 19, 2010, 02:43:00 pm
Quote from: phcs666 on September 19, 2010, 02:22:43 pm

Hope im wrong =x

Then there's not help for you.

And yes, please use "Modify" button the next time instead of double posting.

Just to put an end to this "mouse wheel" thing: http://www.4shared.com/file/122306875/84e3bc85/PR_Mouse_Z.html

This is a mouse wheel system created by pedro(HCDO) from PRCoders, maybe you want to add this function to your input modules ( im not requesting, his system already works fine with your input modules )  :)

cyclope

hi, is there a way to make Scene_Hotkey from blizz abs to be used with this script????? :???:
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

nathmatt

best way would be to make both windows active that way you can just click on them might also have to add a if index >= 0 to make sure it only works if ur over it
Join Dead Frontier
My script

cyclope

Quote from: nathmatt on September 27, 2010, 03:55:05 pm
best way would be to make both windows active that way you can just click on them might also have to add a if index >= 0 to make sure it only works if ur over it

That will work when choosing the item/skill but when selecting the number of hotkey?
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

nathmatt

you could check for the input of 1 of the number keys and add the 1 selected
Join Dead Frontier
My script

cyclope

I am not a scripter, but if you could guid me to make this work will really apreciate
Things I Hate

karldaylo

April 20, 2011, 04:28:52 am #76 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:52:44 am by karldaylo
This is a very awesome script...

but i do have one thing i want to ask (or request :P)

im using this mouse controller script.... is there any calling script for this to able to click an event and make it work(the event)
if it wasnt included on its features.. can you recommend me one?
(i liked this script... so if ever there is one, is there any chance that this two including the one you recomend to work up together by disabling some features from another mouse system?)

cuz im some part of my game requires to click a moving event for them to activate what ever event system included inside that event..
(like perhaps, a gopher, and temporary your mouse icon was changed to a hammer, so if i clicked them.. they suppose to change sprite as they were hitted and some more events commands )

thank you for the help

EDITED: this isnt compatible within UMN of Ccoa, but it tried to disable (by putting # befor the statement on that line) the line statement for it to fully worked... i hope there arent any compatibility issue will happen in future :D ( i was just sayin.. for at leats if this case is solved, i will able to put the error statement that poped out...which i forgot where xD)
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt

Blizzard

January 08, 2014, 01:57:26 pm #77 Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:29:20 pm by Blizzard
I kinda got annoyed by the slow software cursor while playing PRO so I updated the script to use .cur and .ani files instead of a sprite.

EDIT: Sadly I had to remove it again because RMXP is retarded.

dullman

August 08, 2014, 03:35:59 am #78 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 11:42:27 am by dullman
Sorry for necro, but i have some questions about script.
First i planned to have when we have mouse in are between first row and border, or last row and border the window will scroll, so i changed mouse_in_inner_area to mouse_in_are, but here some problems i have:
- First when it scrolling down it displays empty slots (without any text) how to force window to updates non-visible elements to display??
- And Second scrolling speed is high, too high is there any idea how to slow down scrolling (The only thing to come is to pause game for e.g. 10 frames, but i don't know command which would have this effect).
I appreciate any help that i can get so don't be shy and answer.

EDIT I resolved a problem if someone is interested i forgot to update self.contents.bitmap size to new one