[RESOLVED] Rpg Maker Xp Damage Display Bug

Started by Juan, February 13, 2008, 11:14:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan

February 13, 2008, 11:14:47 pm Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 09:26:02 pm by Blizzard
I can't see damage in battle in any project in rpg maker xp at all. The characters attack but it doesn't show the damage. Anyone know how to fix it?
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Nortos

I think it might have something to do with the .rx data of your rpg maker? I'm not to sure though

Juan

February 14, 2008, 09:34:28 am #2 Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:10:09 pm by Juan
I just reinstalled the legal rpg maker xp. And it stoped working. I'll send my rpg maker xp project when I get back from school. Btw the bug appeares in games that aren't mine as well.

Edit
The bug still happends even if I just remove the program. And remove the rggs thing weird.
 4468 1422  6617

Juan

Bump I still can't figure out why this bug only happends in my new computer.
 4468 1422  6617

Nortos

Can anyone please help Juan? I looked into this and it was interesting and annoying for him, might have to wait for Blizz or even you could email enterbrain or look on support on the site?

Juan

Its not annoying but a weird bug. I don't know why it works for my dads pc and not mine. I'll have to ask enterbrain on sunday.
 4468 1422  6617

Sally

Juan

4468 1422  6617

Sally

Juan

February 16, 2008, 10:53:17 am #9 Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 07:09:39 pm by Juan
Not till sunday. I'm at my dads house on the weekends. Edit Btw how do I check if its windows xp or windows vista?
 4468 1422  6617

Juan

Its windows xp. Still having trouble with the battle display.
 4468 1422  6617

Sally

hmmm.... i have no clue sorry, i feel useless

Blizzard

Find the font "Arial Black" online (remember, Google is your friend), download it and install it into the WINDOWS\Fonts folder by simply copying it. That should solve the problem.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

ahh, yeah i diddent think of that...

Nortos

so simple...I thought he would have it installed lol

Juan

I through I also had the font. Thanks Blizzard.
 4468 1422  6617

Blizzard

Usually you DO have that font installed, but I suppose it sometimes gets corrupted or deinstalled for whatever reason. Most probably another application's fault.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

And just for those who care, replacing the RGSS100J.dll with a renamed RGSS102E.dll solves many problems, including "Fonts not appearing omgwtf!" problem, which so many people obsessed with legal RMXP don't give support but just say "YOU! DIE, CAUSE YOU'RE FONTS AREN'T APPEARING => YOU'RE USING THE ILLEGAL 'TRANSLATED' VERSION!"

heheh, I just realized, DON'T read only the caps >_>
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews