ABS or SV?

Started by [Faint], October 12, 2009, 09:20:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

In all honesty the best side view I've ever seen was in Super Mario RPG for the SNES.  I'd prefer that over ABS hands down, but ABS wins over every other battle system I've experienced thus far in RMXP.

Blizzard

I like turn based systems because they utilize tactic an strategy. RTAB is a mix between the two systems and an attempt to make turn based systems more dynamic and fueled with action. It was a success, lol! But I also like ABS-es. It's harder to make an ABS game that is really good than a turn-based game.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

My whole thing about pros for Side-view...you get a little more feeling of depth for the characters in terms of the screen, you can actually see how big the characters are compared to a boss, and you can do some really neat shit compared to the DBS (I plan to EVENTUALLY convert CF to SVBS again, but not until either I can supply my own art or I find a person willing to sprite the sideviews, and get all my systems compatible with an SVBS, and possibly an RTAB or TTB (Timed-Turn Battle, look at Final Fantasy X, each action can affect the turn order).

ABS is neat in the fact in that you've gotta resist the urge to be "impulsive" and keep your cool under pressure, for one slip up and BAM, you die!  I usually like the ABS system in Action games (Castlevania being one of my all-time favorite series...I got addicted to Final Fantasy IV and Super Castlevania IV at the same time as a kid).

All in all it's a stand on what you're looking for...SVBS is more of a visual flare while ABS keeps players on their toes.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.