ABS or SV?

Started by [Faint], October 12, 2009, 09:20:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

October 15, 2009, 01:01:50 pm #40 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:07:00 pm by RoseSkye
Quote from: Calintz on October 15, 2009, 12:37:16 pm
@RoseSkye:
If you know me, then you would know that all of my material is 100% original.
Rip doesn't enter into a spriter's definition. That's what I am ... a spriter, and I'm good at it. So yes, I do know how much detail needs to be put into projects, and if you knew anything about me, I don't ask for credit unless whatever I am asking it for is 100% original AND 100% mine.

The real funny thing here ... is that you attacked me with false pretense. Blizz assumed (i'm not attacking you Blizz) when I said friend, that I was referring to you, when in fact, I was referring to the guy doing all of your sprites that you mentioned earlier ... SV or whatever. I never even meant to be arrogant or bring him down either; I simply stated a personal opinion ...

-sighs-
I really don't feel like arguing anymore though ... so I'm not gonna respond to the rest of your nasty little message, and I'm gonna get back on topic.

You guys win, okay. You can all celebrate your victory. ABS resource creation is more difficult ...

It seems as though I may have offended some people ...
To everyone except RoseSkye ...
I apologize ... sorry Rose, but you have a way of acting first and asking questions later, and in most cases ... that's not a problem, but everything that comes out of that orifice in your face is just one negative thing to the next ...

P.S.
I even congratulated you on your fully animated ABS sprite too ... geesh. You might wanna look into anger management.

@Jackolas: POWER TO YOU MAN ... POWER TO YOU!!

I was just about to say I was wrong, until I read that little 1pt size text.. you can go suck a dick.
Especially because you were the one that jumped to conclusions first. I mean here I was saying "Holy shit, maybe I was a bit too harsh on him.. and I was being a douchey hypocrite.. I'll apologize." Yet, no.. I don't feel a bit sorry for you. You lost and for good reason..

Calintz

Lol, I'm sorry Rose ...
I mean, you consider yourself a dick. You even boast about it, so why are you upset??

Nah, I'm not generally a mean person, but you just say mean things all the time ...
Again, I didn't make assumptions though Rose. I flipped out one opinion. I said I didn't think that SV would do all the spriting, but you guys shut me up on that when Blizz mentioned that you has some completed games. (Care to provide links)

I never said you weren't a spriter. I never said you couldn't draw buddy. I simply said you weren't doing the spriting yourself in this instance, because you're not ... =|. I never actually drew assumptions or made false claims ...

RoseSkye

Quote from: Calintz on October 15, 2009, 01:06:03 pm
Lol, I'm sorry Rose ...
I mean, you consider yourself a dick. You even boast about it, so why are you upset??

Nah, I'm not generally a mean person, but you just say mean things all the time ...
Again, I didn't make assumptions though Rose. I flipped out one opinion. I said I didn't think that SV would do all the spriting, but you guys shut me up on that when Blizz mentioned that you has some completed games. (Care to provide links)

I never said you weren't a spriter. I never said you couldn't draw buddy. I simply said you weren't doing the spriting yourself in this instance, because you're not ... =|. I never actually drew assumptions or made false claims ...

I had a bit of trolls remorse until I read that 1pt text. I felt sorry that I said those things until I read it. I am still a dick.. but I'm annoyed at myself for feeling sorry about what I said.

QuoteThere is ONE member on this entire forum saying he'll be using highly detailed sprites with an ABS, and he isn't even doing the work himself

You were wrong I sprite in different styles, you assume that I haven't sprited a thing in that style.. SZ is better at spriting than I am.. so I use her sprites. The end. . but, I'm sick of talking about this. All of my old games I had uploaded I removed.

Mid Autumn Garden (Finished)
Mid Autumn Gaden: Remastered

Why do you think its called Mid Autumn Garden: Remastered? You think that I would make a remastered version of a game that didn't exist? Mid Autumn Garden was done already..

Goddess
Goddess on rpgmaker.net

Finished but removed... but it was before your time.

These two games are downloadable..

Blessed be the Lady and Malice the Taste of Freedom

I recomend you play Blessed be the Lady because its awesome.

Calintz

October 15, 2009, 01:26:02 pm #43 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:27:41 pm by Calintz
@Rose:
Firstly, I haven't been here for months man!! I just came back, and I've only been here for close to a week. You joined approximately at the same time I left. I left before you returned from your ban I do believe. I didn't do any research on you buddy. I didn't know that you had any games. All I knew is what you told me straightforward. SV was doing your sprites. Therefore, not even meaning to be an ass, I made that remark, simply stating the truth. I never flamed your past work. I wasn't anticipating your future works Rose. I was simply referring to your current project, and what you had just told me.

I will say ... that maybe I should have tried to be more clear, but at the time ... I was FIRED UP!!  :evil:

BTW:
I'll check that game out.

P.S. I got powered down ... LMAO!!
And you got powered up by like two points, and you were the mean one!! ROFL!!

legacyblade

I know that's what most people do with animations, Calintz. I'm just a perfectionist, and spend hours trying to get it to look how I want it (which is generally impossible with the size of the RTP template) And I must confess, I have little authority on this subject since I have no finished projects (though I'm almost done with chapter one of my game :D)

Calintz

I've never completed any games either, hell, I've never finished chapter one, because I could never get a battle system properly incorporated until now, Lol, but I still spent hours on end creating unique resources.

RoseSkye

Quote from: Calintz on October 15, 2009, 01:26:02 pm
I didn't know that you had any games. All I knew is what you told me straightforward. SV was doing your sprites. Therefore, not even meaning to be an ass, I made that remark, simply stating the truth. I never flamed your past work. I wasn't anticipating your future works Rose. I was simply referring to your current project, and what you had just told me

Quote(Care to provide links)

That's why I posted the links.

Calintz

I know why you posted the links. I asked ...
I'll let you know what I think about it after a simple test play.

legacyblade

@calintz, ok, then we're in the same boat. I think the most depressing thing is when you realize that a handful of original resources that you spent HOURS on aren't even going to be needed anymore, since you redesigned the system. (and know that you're going to have to redo all of them since apparently you pillow shade like heck, lol)

Calintz

Lol, I know it ...
But depending on the particular resource, pillow shading can be very useful.

For example, charasets can be a product of pillow shading, because clothing is so free.
A rock on the other hand, with pre-defined ridges and definition ... just don't, Lol. Just don't ...

legacyblade

People say sprites like this one

Spoiler: ShowHide

are pillow shaded. And that they're not RTP style (I'm realizing that they do vary a bit in terms of proportion, which is something I'll fix next release :P). Even the metal. Now I based the metal shading on fighter-04, so I thought it was pretty good. Is that an ok example of pillow shading? (this is  off topic, sorry)

Aqua

You guys sure love to post in this thread...
To tell you the truth, I haven't been following, but just to make sure this doesn't happen.

NO FIGHTING OR I'LL SLAP YOU ALL! >8I
<3

Jackolas

I wonder how this big discussion is gone help [Faint] to chose what system he can use?

Calintz

LMAO, I was discussing things with him, and I think he's chosen to go with a side-view.

@LegacyBlade:
The armor looks fine and dandy to me. I'm more concerned with his robe thingy hanging in front of his legs. That looks pillow shaded, but on a closer look, it doesn't. Maybe you should add more contrast between your swatches to darker each level. Small changes between swatches is the first stage of pillow shading.

But to answer your question ...
I would say yes, he's acceptable.

Cid

Personally, I enjoy turn-based battles in RPGs, which is why I've stuck with 'em in my project. Obviously there are benefits to real-time systems, and I can understand why many people are switching to Blizz ABS, but for now I'm happy with what I'm doing.

At the end of the day I think you should develop the sort of game that would appeal to you. Don't just do things to please other people or get your game noticed.

Calintz

legacyblade

Aye. I switched to ABS because I'd rather play an ABS than a turn based.

fugibo

Quote from: Cid on October 16, 2009, 04:51:48 pm
At the end of the day I think you should develop the sort of game that would appeal to you. Don't just do things to please other people or get your game noticed.

It depends on why you're making the game: if you're making it to please yourself, definitely do what you want. But if you're trying to make a game for a certain group, you're probably going to want to target that group's preferences over your own.

legacyblade

It's a balance you have to strike. If you're making a game to appeal to an audience that you're not a part of (like making a horror game when you hate them), it's not going to be very good. However, if you just make the game YOU want to play in every aspect, it won't appeal to very many people (unless you have very generic tastes :P). Just think of what style of game you most enjoy, then gear your game towards the audience that enjoys such engines.

shdwlink1993

OK, I'm not reading this topic. I just noticed something about Rose and dicks and figured that some questions are just better left unanswered. :^_^':

In all seriousness, I prefer Side-View battles to both ABS and DBS. I always kind of have liked it best. Of course, it depends on the game. If Zelda had anything other than what it has, I wouldn't like it as much.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."