XAS Tutorials - Everything you need to make your own XAS game

Started by calvin624, October 13, 2009, 07:54:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

calvin624

Hey everyone,

I've been working on this PDF for a few days now; it is very much the culmination of everything I've learnt about the XAS System. My hope is that it'll supply you with all the information you need to get started making your own XAS game, including tutorials on how to make your own enemies, skills and states.

For those of you that don't know XAS is an Action Battle System (ABS) made for RPG Maker XP, with it you can produce games like Zelda and Secret of Mana.

The original demo is in Portugese which is why I put together a translated demo, which you can download below
http://www.filefront.com/14286913/Translated-XAS-v3.6.rar/

The new PDF including everything you need to get started
can be downloaded below
http://www.filefront.com/14713937/XAS%20MADE%20EASY%20v0.1.rar

BOTH FILES CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM A MIRROR HERE: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fhyhdy

Enjoy!

Jackolas

dunno if it is wise to put up the tutorial on this forum :P

you will find out yourself why  8)

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Jackolas on October 13, 2009, 09:39:44 am

Nah, there is no problem with putting up a XAS toutorial here, XAS ABS isn't that bad after all, and everyone can chose his favourite system. I personally don't like XAS, but that's not the topic.
From what I see, this is very well done. and a translated demo is awesome, too. xD

Blizzard

This tutorial is supposed to be v0.1, right? When do you think you will have it done completely so it can be moved into the database?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

calvin624

It's complete now.

v0.1 just refers to the version - this is the first release.

Feel free to move it to the database now   :)

Thanks

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: legacyblade on October 14, 2009, 08:38:54 pm
the links seem to be broken.

The FileFront links? They seem to be working for me. Maybe your server doesn't seem to like FileFront...Another mirror would do the trick, no?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

aye, I usually have trouble with filefront. Another mirror would be great. I'd like to see your XAS tutorial in action (I still like XAS, I just prefer blizzABS)

calvin624

Hey Legacyblade,

Uploaded again, this time with sendspace - both the translated demo and PDF are included - hope this helps  :)

See OP

legacyblade

thank. It was a good tutorial, thanks. (still like bABS more though :P)

calvin624

Magus

Quote from: Jackolas on October 13, 2009, 09:39:44 am

lolwut.

It looks nice, but eh, I only have 1 abs in mind and well, everyone knows it.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />