My First Resources

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 01:59:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

January 08, 2008, 01:59:21 am Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:37:00 am by Nortos
All credit for these go to me unless stated otherwise

Icons: ShowHide

I like staffs :P I'll update this later with more the different staffs r just recolours and the staff took 5 mins the sword 3 mins, the sword looks crappy I think :( still better then RTP though :P

Here's some new ones I did these after 5 beers and some spirits so bare with me...

Here's some more I wanted to have a go at axes how do you guys think they went?
I also had a massive hangover when did these...

Some swords now I did later...(had to put on blue background otherwise looked crappy...

[/URL]

Some bows I did today...

Some shields...

Gauntlets

Windowskins: ShowHide

These are some of my favourite's they are edits of Blizz's "Original"

Remember also to credit him if use them :)

Sprites: ShowHide

A Fairy still making her what do you guys think? It's first charecter I've ever made making her just using a template

A soldier I'm making based around the armor Mymirrdon's wore around 1000 b.c still working on it what do you think?

These two are edits of Dollmages gladiator sprite, if you are to use them remember to credit both of us.

Credit goes to inquisitor, I just put this on a template and for some of events wiped out the light you can credit me as well if want

You put this two spaces undearneath the lamp pole when it has orange and it gives a nice glowing animation credit goes to Kaft I just resized and made less blurry you can credit me if want :)

click it to get the proper image it's just a thumbnail as it's big :)

Autotiles: ShowHide

When I got to mapping a nice flower area for my game I realised that there weren't any flowers I liked, I mean the flower autotile is pretty crappy, and the other flowers/herb stuff on tilesets don't blend in to each other like a good autotile so I got to making my own flower autotiles the results turned out very good :)

Tilesets: ShowHide

This tileset credit goes to LOS and Zanyzora I just merged them and made a project download so you can have the right prioreties and passages (I've turned the flowers to passable though)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/h2e4cv

Battlebacks: ShowHide

These ones are from Wizard 8 I had to resize and edit them though

Battlers: ShowHide

These ones are recolours

magic2345

Wow, those are great quality icons you just made. The bows and sword (this one ) is awesome!! I could never make bows, can't do the shape.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is." -Kino's Journey

"Hm...What would uncle say?....
Life is like the clouds, it has two sides and a silverlining inbetween...Like a sandwich!! When life is hard, you take a bite out of the silverlining...."
-Zuko
Characters : 3%
Mapping : 1%
Graphics : 3%
Scripts : 20%

Sally

Vell

you didn't actually make these did you?

Nortos

yeah the staffs and one sword were my first I followed a tut than I wondered how to make a sword breaker and thought it might be like a sword with crooks  and yeah axes pretty easy, spear didn't turn out great armor I based off someone elsed than changed shading to make a more 3d lookand yeah...what do you think of the fairy???

Vell

its pretty cool so far, although at th epants it looks kinda like its invisible there, and trhe wings are showing through >.<

Nortos

ohh yeah hadn't noticed that I'll try and fix it

Vell

Sally

the fairy is a recolor sortav of the rtp fairy XD looks awsome!

Nortos

January 09, 2008, 12:42:01 am #9 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:56:56 am by Nortos
sort of complete overhaul I just used a fairy template then made own hair, jacket and skirt I didn't worry about breasts as fairys dnt have them...ty for compliments :)
EDIT: All of sprite walking down has been completed
2nd Edit: Now all that is left is the side of the sprite

Vell

uhh theres no wings on one, or atleast thats how it looks... top row, all the way to the right.

Sally

some fairys have brests...

Vell

he means there regular bodies are so tiny that you cant really see them on a charset...

right?

Sally

Calintz

Not bad, but it's more VX, and I like standard RTP style.

Nortos

yeah like Ulta said because charsets so small you wouldn't be able make em out, also you only think it's like VX because you make ur fairies normal size Calintz :P this has exact same body struckture as RTP Fairy

Calintz

I won't be making normal size fairies for the civilization...

Nortos

yeah I've seen yours loved the one with battle torn wings

Calintz

Thnx!
But I'm doing what you did for the Fairy NPC's in my game...I'm making them smaller and stuff.

Nortos

oh ok :P . I'm having trouble side on atm with skirt I've nothing really to base it on. I'll get it done though :P

Calintz

Loooooking forward to it! ;D
If I like it enuff, it might serve as my template for my NPC's

Nortos

you can have the template I'm using if want?

Calintz

I might take that one yeh, or I might just make my own.

Nortos

here it's if you want it http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s315/greensoft/fairytemplate02.png
I got it from .org sorry pple but here's the post as it has soooo many templates it's useful http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=36478.0

Calintz

All right, I'll take it, though I may not use it just yet.

Nortos

finished the fairy  ;D take a look

Calintz

Nortos

January 09, 2008, 11:43:27 pm #27 Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:30:31 am by Nortos
first ever charset I'm proud of myself :P
EDIT: Just added some battlebacks probably best for frontview and front view animated bs

Sally

Calintz

January 10, 2008, 04:00:19 pm #29 Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:04:24 pm by Calintz16438
Wow!!
You're really going to town with this thread!! Nice... ;D

I'm also gonna make a thread like this one, with all of my resources in it, as soon as I finish some more...

Nortos

January 10, 2008, 07:34:04 pm #30 Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:26:21 pm by Nortos
pic of a skirt??? sorry I don't get u, ohh I also added two new charsets their fighters/knights just edits of dollmages gladiator with full chest body armor and gauntlets both arms
EDIT: Added some battler recolours

dark-archangel

am,do you mind if I'm using your fairy? ::)

Fantasist

I needed it so much Nortos, can I use it?

PS: Goes without saying, good resources :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Calintz

Did you make the original Battlers yourself?

Fantasist

I don't think so, he said they're recolors, at least most of them maybe.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Calintz

Thats why I asked if he made the originals...But I guess your right. He most likel didn't make them...

Nortos

January 12, 2008, 12:34:07 am #36 Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 12:35:31 am by Nortos
I don't mind you guys can both use them Fantasist and dark-archangel, also credit for the fairy would be nice :P but the battleback Fantasist you don't have to unless want to was just resizing and cropping to fit
Oh and the re-colours r just re-colours of VX battlers
EDIT: Oh and Fantasist if ever need one ask and I'll see if can find one I have soooo many pc games in my dads study there's about 250ish to choose from ranging from 20yr old classics to new greats like Crysis, UT3 oblivion ect

dark-archangel

Nortos

can't wait to see it when u use it :) oh and I love that font in ur avy and sig

Fantasist

I always credit where I can :) And yeah, i'd like some more future and modern stuff.

Blizzard

*saves FTS's battleback onto his HDD* :3 From which game is it anyway?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

Nortos

wizardy 8 pretty cool game

UPDATE Added 7 futuristic battlebacks (for you Fantasist think u wanted them :))

Fantasist

Thank you Nortos, they're awesome :D

Nortos

January 13, 2008, 05:52:20 am #44 Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 06:35:44 am by Nortos
it's np :) and I'm glad u like them
EDIT: Added lamp pole to sprites

Nortos

ohhhh with dark skin icons look like have white around when they don't anyway
UPDATE: Doing another sprite it's a soldier take a look in sprite spoiler and tell me what you think :)

Fantasist

Poles are nice Nortos, but they could be better with glowing animation.

Nortos

I just use Kafts lights myself that's all that's needed for good lights

Nortos

January 16, 2008, 05:13:07 am #48 Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:11:07 am by Nortos
added some windowskin edits...

EDIT: Blizzy :) Do you think this thread is good enough to be moved to database  ::)
2nd EDIT: Added old dark angel sprite

Blizzard

I'll leave it up to you. I'd say it is. It is a good topic with quite a number of resources.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Nortos

k than can a mod come move it :) :)

Lost_Hope

I'm stealing everything...

Vell

Sally

wow nice window skins :)

200th post

Nortos

Sally

Nortos

Calintz

You're getting really good!!  :o

Nortos

ty :) i just did some gloves earlier can't be borthered putting up till do some other stuff though

Calintz

Always looking forward to your new material...

Nortos

added glow animation for the lamp poles it's below the sprite with instructions

Fantasist

Nortos

I've just completed what I value to be my best work yet and I think they are a great contribution check out the auto tiles for the pic and to listen to why I think it's my best yet :P

Vell

January 18, 2008, 06:35:29 am #63 Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:37:17 am by UltaFlame
Quote from: Today at 12:19:42 PM NortosUltaflame check out my resources

ok, i will, TO THE FIRST POST

EDIT: omg, that Flower Autotile was... pretty amazing... did u do the whole thing...? or did you use somethin else and modify it?

Nortos

January 18, 2008, 08:13:32 pm #64 Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 12:36:27 am by Nortos
I did the whole thing just with the little white flower you see on tilesets :P
EDIT: Added another autotile fire cave wall autotile

Fantasist

You're getting good Nortos :) Maybe you'll make it into the credits in my game without a problem.

Nortos

Sally

im already in the credits of ur ghame right?:)

Fantasist

The names in Ulta's storyline service thread, right? That was for a project I've abandoned, but I still have the list Susys, and I have a lot of characters I'd like to rename, so yeah, maybe.

PS: If it's anything else, sorry I forgot :(

Sally

yea... that was a looonngg list :P

Nortos

I just use baby name sites...mainly gaelic

Calintz

Man o' man!!
Just keeps getting better ;D

Nortos

January 22, 2008, 10:17:53 pm #72 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:21:25 pm by Nortos
lol ty :) btw I use those windowskins in my game they're awesome looking and look at this map I made with my autotiles

Calintz

Nortos

Calintz

Hey!
That's nice...
But how did you get the leaf petals in the air??

Nortos

Ccoa's weather script I'll see if can find it/upload it for u

Calintz

Nortos

Calintz

January 22, 2008, 10:42:57 pm #79 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:44:12 pm by Calintz16438
Checking up on it now!!  ;D

Edit
Aww...I can't access it, because I don' ave an account there. I don't believe in making an acc. just for a script either, but thnx anyways Nortos!!  ;D

Nortos

Calintz

Dude thank you!! I appreciate that! +energy for being totally unseflish and taking ur own time.

Nortos

Calintz

Wow!!
That weather script is beautiful TO SAY THE LEAST!! Thank you very much Nortos!!

Nortos

It's cool and remember credit goes to Ccoa :)

Calintz

Already got her written down  ;D

Fantasist

And you might want to check out the UMS update too, it's 1.6.2 now.

Calintz

I don't know where Ccoa's script is...
I got her UMS a while back, when I still was a part of .org...

P.S. I AM NO LONGER A PART OF IT!!

Nortos

go to rpgrevolution.com she's a staff member there now if you want any of her updates/new scripts, it's a pretty good community to I check in sometimes

Calintz

All right, thnx...
I'll take a gander see...

Nortos

I'm gonna start doing some VX sprites now, they're sooo much quicker and easier I'll post some up in a day or two

Calintz

Sounds good, oh and Fantasist...thnx, I got the UMS update!!  ;D

Dark Dragon

Oh they are kewl, I especially liaked the pixel art =3

Nortos

Fantasist

Hey, did you check out rain and storm from Ccoa's weather? They have spattering drops now! Thank goodness I didn't have to do it myself, I had a tough time modding that script, besides making bitmaps for the drops. *stops being off-topic*

Nortos, how do you think VX sprites are easier? hey confuse the hell out of me (the tilesets I mean).

Nortos

cool :) can't wait to try it out, oh and VX sprites r easier because, it's smart as the first pic is them walking 2nd one is standing animation 3rd one is walking you know how xp has 4 front animations VX has 3, XP is sorta useless cos a lot of the time one of the animations is just a copy, only drawback I see is if you want a standing animation that isn't them walking, also I dont know just poses r easier to do in VX

Fantasist

You mean 3-frame animations? You have a point.

Nortos

in some ways like I said though that takes away some more customization but you can always just make a 2nd charset if wnt

Blulightning

Hope you check this again! Anyways, the tileset download is gone :( and I like the sets so if you could re-post?

diablosbud

Could you please show me some of the icon tutorials you followed, I have to make icons for my game, and there are many to do, hard ones?

Phasedscar

Not sure which one Nortos used, but I can link the tut I've been making.  It should help in the Icon making part.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1025.0

Just start slow until you find your rhythm.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.