Rpg maker 3

Started by Kathis, February 14, 2008, 01:13:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathis

The rpg maker that is suppose to be 3 dimentionals
Image I found [spoiler]
[spoiler]

In my own option it will be more the most help needy maker in the series, Mostly because it will require 3 dimensional objects for designing. Since objects will be 360 degrees. and not just 90 degree turns mind you. The game will also have the hight future which means in all fairness Layers will be infinite.

http://www.rpgdreamer.com/rm3/

It will be harder to work with in my view seeing how most of us are only speicalised in one particular thing, and end up asking for help for the other areas, Be it graphics, music, scripts, tilesets, or sound.
Of course it will look nicer and more modern But it might also provide harder to see what exactly one is doing.  in my oppion 2 dimention games are easier to work with and get experienced with far more easier. The player cannot look at how intense the graphics are and their flaws.

For those experience game makers it will offer a change in the equation of game making and allow them to expand their challenges, but of course this step is huge and I personally am not ready.  That link I proved is for the PS 2 version but as we all know there is probably a pc version flying aound here somewhere on the vast internet.

(figured this was the best place to post this.)
Kathis attention span for game making is based on a meter depending on his mood changes how far he'll go with the project,
Right now 25%,
Currently working on Random game version 3 on rpg maker xp. current status...2% compleat,

Fallen Angel X

OMG OMG!!! I want that!!! Seriously even if I'm not ready to work with 3D seriously!!  :o

Calintz

Nortos

If I feel like going 3d I just get out a toolkit like UT3 or Oblivion they aren't too hard to use and get good results

Calintz

At first glance and play, this game seems quite nice, however after sme time, you realize that your resources ARE LIMITED!! and that everybody who makes a game using this new engine, will all have the same graphics. I don't like that.

Like  said, I have this game, but it takes up soo much memory, your best bet is to buy an external HDD for your PS2...

Memor-X

well it kinda figures that it will take up way more space because it is showing more than 2 dementions, to make a proper RPG (one that lasts at minimun 40 hours even to the designers) you'll need 3 or 4 diskes, that's why Finla Fantasy VII, VIII and IX all had 3-4 diskes, or you can just use 1 DVD Disk as used for X, X-2 and XII, but it wouldn't be too hard to make the resorces, music and sounds should be easy, your nomal MP3, OGG, WAV, MIDI, but tilesets would be s differnt story but characters, i know of a program what can make 3D Models, it was used by all the kids in my high school to make custom models for Half-Life, but then mostly everyone went for the fully naked and visible girl and not their own (i ended up making one of D and i used him all the time), as far as i know, all you need to do to the program is chnage some options in it to make models for any game, although i lost the copy i had when i got Roll and i must have forgotten to trsnafer the installer, and i wouldn't dare transfer it now cause of a virus on the old computer and i'm not infecting Roll

for just the picture, i don't know what kind of battle system but with what i can see, i don't think it's ATB

Calintz

It's been a while since I playe it, it might actually be.

legacyblade

I owned RM3. It was very limited, had very few charsets (not enough to match the vast number of facesets), and wasn't that great. It was even more "user friendly" than VX. Just imagine an RMXP with half the charsets, no ability to import new graphics, with even less eventing ability. That's RPG Maker 3.

Calintz

You nailed it Legacy...

legacyblade

yeah, I was able to start making a game without even reading the manual...it wasn't any better than the example game, XD

Calintz

Fallen Angel X

lol awesome... you guys convinced me to not try to look to see if this program was somehow on the internet  :o

legacyblade

Yeah, it sucked. It was prety much, "place premade events and furniture on an existing CG map"

Fallen Angel X

lol thanks for the warning then  ;D

legacyblade

np, I don't want anyone else to waste 60$ (or whatever it is now) on it.

Blizzard

Quote from: Memor-X on February 14, 2008, 06:07:43 pm
well it kinda figures that it will take up way more space because it is showing more than 2 dementions, to make a proper RPG (one that lasts at minimun 40 hours even to the designers) you'll need 3 or 4 diskes, that's why Finla Fantasy VII, VIII and IX all had 3-4 diskes, or you can just use 1 DVD Disk as used for X, X-2 and XII, but it wouldn't be too hard to make the resorces, music and sounds should be easy, your nomal MP3, OGG, WAV, MIDI, but tilesets would be s differnt story but characters, i know of a program what can make 3D Models, it was used by all the kids in my high school to make custom models for Half-Life, but then mostly everyone went for the fully naked and visible girl and not their own (i ended up making one of D and i used him all the time), as far as i know, all you need to do to the program is chnage some options in it to make models for any game, although i lost the copy i had when i got Roll and i must have forgotten to trsnafer the installer, and i wouldn't dare transfer it now cause of a virus on the old computer and i'm not infecting Roll

And now imagine one person only making an entire 40-hours game.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.