A few questions

Started by G_G, October 22, 2009, 09:40:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Well okay first is it possible to make a program hide the task bar?
Next how do we make the program maximise automatically?

Also how do we use the error provider? I dont really understand that.
And how do we access a context menu strip? I made one but cant figure how to actually use it.

Ryex

1) hide IN the task bar or hide THE task bar?
2) there is a property in the form that can be set  so the form has an initial state of maximized, minimized, normal, or hidden.
3) no idea
4) each object (button, text box, tab control, label, ect.) has a property that you can set to the member name of the context menu you want to pop up when you right click it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Hide THE task bar
@4 I just noticed that to xD
@2 just noticed that one to xD

Ryex

@1 are you talking about going full screen? other wise no.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

1. Google. There is an option in Windows itself to hide the taskbar and show it only when you touch the bottom of the screen with the mouse pointer.

3. Don't use that. It's not what you think it is.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

One more quickie, how do we test internet connection? and how do we shut off a computer?

Blizzard

1. Can you be more specific?

2. There should be an API call for that. You can also just run a command line saying "shutdown". Google the command for info about parameters.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I meant I want to see if the user is connected to the internet.

Like for example, some one runs my browser, I want my browser to be able to see if they're connected to the internet, if not it'll let them know.

Blizzard

I don't know how that is done. Try googling it.

fugibo

I'm pretty sure you just use the HTTP stack to try and contact the DNS, and if that fails the browser reports it.

(the browser should probably just use that code for all HTTP requests)

Blizzard

There should be a quicker way without having to test a connection by trying to connect and then determining that a connection exists whether the attempt was successful or whether it timed out.