[RESOLVED] Random Weather Generator

Started by Punn, February 16, 2008, 10:13:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Punn

February 16, 2008, 10:13:04 am Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 09:53:02 pm by Blizzard
I want to add a random weather generator that rains and other various stuff at a random time, can anyone make one with ccoa's weather script? I tried but Im lost. -_-

Juan

I could do it but its event based. And it doesn't use ccoas script. I can probably edit my random weather generator to use ccoas weather script. Through you have to wait till sunday. By the way do you want it to use day and night as well?
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Punn

I got that part covered. Thanks.

Valcos

I not to sure but I remember there was one with a ddns. Not 100% sure but I could look it up. But if Jaun wants to make one, Woo!
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Juan

Valcos its Juan not Jaun. lol Yea I have one made. Orginally for my game. All I got to do is convent the weather generator to use the scripts weather effects and comment it. Btw does ccoas weather script have a lighting effect?
 4468 1422  6617

Punn

No, just weather, like rain, storm, blood rain and flying leaves and sparkle, there isnt any lighting effects

Juan

I might add the lighting effects for you. I just need one day to finish it.  Hopefully you can wait till then.
 4468 1422  6617

Nortos

Why don't you just use variables like this?
Spoiler: ShowHide

and than you could have an event maybe change their graphic to holding an umbrella if it's raining or different speech saying if it's cold or w/e real simple and easy to manage and you could use same variable on different maps.
Like this

It's real simple to do I use it in my game

Sally

yeah, why need scripts and make your prodject bigger? :P events take up less KB then scripts :P

Nortos

I think he just wanted a common event weather generator or something I donno but that variable I think is best way to do it

Valcos

My bad Juan didnt mean to miss spell your name ;D. Also is the random weather going to be events or a script?
-Oscar De La Hoya

Juan

February 17, 2008, 01:42:27 am #11 Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:44:13 am by Juan
I can do it in event or I could edit it so it works with ccoas weather script. Basicly its your choice.  I just need 1 varaible and common event to do it. I'll probably release demo of it to see if you like it.  @Nortos I set my event up the same way. Just with weather affects.
 4468 1422  6617

Valcos

Wow! :) A demo? That's awesome, can't wait! :P ;D
-Oscar De La Hoya

Punn

Err.. a common event that calls the weather script

Juan

February 17, 2008, 10:34:14 am #14 Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 11:12:30 am by Juan
Its almost ready. The weather is gonna use the weather effects from her demo only randomly. I also made it that you there is a chance no weather with occur.  Should finish it an hour at most.

Edit Do you want romantic weather effects? And meterors and ashes to be random?
 4468 1422  6617

Punn

Yeah, sure! And thanks alot Juan!

Juan

February 17, 2008, 01:07:46 pm #16 Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:27:08 pm by Juan
Alright. Heres where to download it http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ODV96S6.
 4468 1422  6617

Nortos

Quote from: Juan on February 17, 2008, 01:42:27 am
I can do it in event or I could edit it so it works with ccoas weather script. Basicly its your choice.  I just need 1 varaible and common event to do it. I'll probably release demo of it to see if you like it.  @Nortos I set my event up the same way. Just with weather affects.

that is weather effects :P just Ccoa's ones like thunder and lightning ect

Juan

February 17, 2008, 05:08:04 pm #18 Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:33:20 pm by Juan
Quote from: Juan on February 17, 2008, 10:34:14 am
Its almost ready. The weather is gonna use the weather effects from her demo only randomly. I also made it that you there is a chance no weather with occur.  Should finish it an hour at most.

Edit Do you want romantic weather effects? And meterors and ashes to be random?

All I did was make it appear randomly. The knight in armor with green hair makes the weather effects randomly.
Heres the event one. I;ll add the lighting event in a bit.
 4468 1422  6617

Sally

can i see the first common event?

Valcos

Juan, you used Ccoas weather script right? And how do I use this so the maps can have random weather automaticaly? (<--If this made any sense)
-Oscar De La Hoya

Juan

February 18, 2008, 09:04:27 am #21 Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:05:24 am by Juan
Yea I used Ccoas weather script for the first common event.  Just copy the common event Valcos. Turn on the weather switch. 
 4468 1422  6617

Valcos

Oh alright Thanks. Aprreciate it.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Punn

The spoiler button isnt showing me anything +_+

Juan

I deleted a bunch of images in my image shack icon. I'll upload them in a bit if you want.
 4468 1422  6617

Punn

Juan

February 20, 2008, 10:12:11 pm #26 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:28:57 pm by Juan
Heres the event based code. i also added the thunder effects. Btw should I put this in event systems?

4468 1422  6617