Sending Emails? (resolved)

Started by G_G, October 26, 2009, 07:02:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

October 26, 2009, 07:02:22 pm Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:58:29 pm by game_guy
Another function I want in my web browser is a bug reporter. So when people find a bug they can use the built in function and it'll send it to me right away.
I have the layout all done.

Anyone know how?

fugibo

Quote from: game_guy on October 26, 2009, 07:02:22 pm
Another function I want in my web browser is a bug reporter. So when people find a bug they can use the built in function and it'll send it to me right away.
I have the layout all done.

Anyone know how?

Just find a free SMTP server, code your e-mail into the Auto-Updater and have the built-in e-mail functions (I thought you were familiar with those, didn't you write a small e-mail app in VB?) use that server to send to your address.

G_G

That was in VB. This is C# that and I lost the source code to that program, so I was wondering if anyone could help.

fugibo

Quote from: game_guy on October 26, 2009, 07:21:25 pm
That was in VB. This is C# that and I lost the source code to that program, so I was wondering if anyone could help.

It's the same framework, so you should be able to find it in the same place you found the VB code.

EDIT:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/Sending_Mails_From_C_.aspx
That help? Also, like I said, you're gonna need a free, reliable SMTP server for this. I'd recommend GMail's.

G_G

October 26, 2009, 07:41:38 pm #4 Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:58:19 pm by game_guy
Thanks LF that really helped. *lv's up*

Yea so that works, I'll probably make an account on gmail.