Learning Flash, need text help

Started by Memor-X, February 16, 2008, 08:02:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

i started to learn how to use Flash 8.0 for my animation due to the fact that my mother keeps calling me to help her on e-bay and i loose my state of mind after having to help her for 1 hour, and also disprite her efforts, Div IX's "PPT to AVI Converter" won't work on XP and only works for Vista, something about the OS and the version of office, while with Flash i can directly export the animations as .AVI, now i've graped all the things i can do in powerpoint for flash in under a day however there's one thing i can't seem to do, animate the text easy, as far as i can see, the only way i can do it is by frame by frame which will make me loose my siste of mind

so here's what i'm asking for, a link to a tutorial, a smaple project i can edit, anything that will show me how to animate text like the Color Typewriter Entrance AND Exit on Microsoft Powerpoint, i'll need it probably by next month at the latest cause i'm finishing an animation in Powerpoint first then doing all the converting crap, all i'm doing in flash is making the intro which has no text

Fantasist

I don't really know anything about flash, but if it's banners you want to make, search google, there are plenty of banner makers (text and some effects) on the internet. I doubt it'll meet your requirement, but it's worth checking out the possibilities.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

do you just mean for the text to come appearing from left stay there for a bit than go to the right? Just use motion key frames then I don't have flash at home but if that's what you want I'll write out how to do it