Academics Section

Started by winkio, October 26, 2009, 09:50:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like this forum to have an academics section (especially for math)?

Yes
10 (66.7%)
No
1 (6.7%)
Neutral
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

winkio

October 26, 2009, 09:50:35 pm Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:19:27 pm by winkio
Initiative!

By the way you should give me mod powers on it
I think it would be useful.  Math is very relevant to comp sci, and hey, we have random sections for Role Playing, so why not?  (Role Playing is a cool section, I must admit).

fugibo

Seconded.

Look at recent shoutbox posts for proof.

G_G

Thirded. Maybe I can actually get help on some of my problems I have troubles with.

I'm not very good at math, I mean I'm decent at it but not that good.

Aqua

We could use this...
Or IRC...
*shrug*
I voted yes XD

Starrodkirby86

Oh great, now we can help those who want help on their homework! :V:

Actually, that does seem like a good opportunity to go there. Haha, why not? We're all intelligent individuals.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Ryex

hey I'm is clac now and I'm only going to be doing for of it through college it would be nice to have a place to show off my new skill! or in the more likely case get help with them.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

GAX

Wow winki, this is a great idea...we need more ideas like this!

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

winkio

Longfellow originally came up with it a few days ago as I remember.  We started talking about it in the shoutbox, and then blizz said to make a poll if we really wanted it.  I just decided it was time to follow through.

Blizzard

Then it is decided. LET THERE BE A MATH SECTION!

*waits*

*waits*

*waits more*

*waits even more*

Ah, damn, I have to do it myself. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

I'm conflicted as to how I feel being the instigator of this...
Since I'm the one who asked the questions...

Makes me seem that I didn't know what I was doing...
But...
I'm in Calc... and have a near 100 avg... Hmmm

Btw... no one else knew how to do the problem in my class that I asked help for yesterday.  I had to explain it to the whole class... >.<

fugibo

Quote from: Aqua on October 27, 2009, 03:47:42 pm
I'm conflicted as to how I feel being the instigator of this...
Since I'm the one who asked the questions...

Makes me seem that I didn't know what I was doing...
But...

Btw... no one else knew how to do the problem in my class that I asked help for yesterday.  I had to explain it to the whole class... >.<

Is this AP Calc (if so, which one?) or regular Calc?

Aqua

Calc AB AP

BC AP next year XD
Unless something turns out wrong... o.o

Ryex

Quote from: Aqua on October 27, 2009, 04:10:21 pm
Calc AB AP

BC AP next year XD
Unless something turns out wrong... o.o

are you on a trimester system?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Aqua

No.

[filler text to make my reply not so short]

Ryex

oh.
well I'm in a school that uses Calc AB and Calc BC and I thought it had something to do with our trimester system.
any way.
is this the same?
Calc AB (high school)(full year) = Calc 1 (collage)(one semester)
Calc BC (High School)(full year) = Calc 2 (collage)(one semester)

fugibo

Quote from: Ryexander on October 27, 2009, 04:38:10 pm
oh.
well I'm in a school that uses Calc AB and Calc BC and I thought it had something to do with our trimester system.
any way.
is this the same?
Calc AB (high school)(full year) = Calc 1 (collage)(one semester)
Calc BC (High School)(full year) = Calc 2 (collage)(one semester)

That's normal.

Of course, the high school I went to only offers AP Cal AB, and only after I graduated. And only seniors take it, and almost none of them take the exam. ><

Diokatsu

November 04, 2009, 07:31:01 pm #16 Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:36:24 pm by Diokatsu
Quote from: Aqua on October 27, 2009, 03:47:42 pm

You have a great teacher though ;_; I've never done so poorly in math before now. He put a related rates problem on our test on the chain rule and I got it right :X It was pretty easy though.

Also, can we also have Foreign Lang and History as sub-forums as well? I'm good at those in comparison to my Calc AP AB class hehe. I'm great at English, but I don't know if people would actually appreciate an English sub-board

Aqua

But you suck in French... D:

Besides...
You can post those other subjects in the regular academics section.

Math has its own because it's most likely that people are going to ask help in it the most...
Or maybe not... :x

Diokatsu

I'd imagine most people are going to assume help in Math is akin to the answer to the problem.I just hope people read Blizz's post beforehand for their own sakes. And I thought this was academics in general, such as discussion and help, not just help.

fugibo

Related rate/chain rule is easy as crap. Your teacher must suck hard if you have trouble with that.