RMXP Audio Module details

Started by Ryex, October 14, 2009, 07:43:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

October 14, 2009, 07:43:34 pm Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:44:39 pm by Ryexander
Ok so for my sound source script I need to know a few things
1) is it possible to stack BGS sounds? ie. play a rain bgs and have a fire bgs playing softly in the back ground?
2) the same thing for SE
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Nope. One BGS at the time. It's possible to play multiple SE's though.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

hmm well is there anything special you have to do to play more than one SE?
also is there a Non-RTP way around the only one bgs "quirk" ie. a Module rewrite??
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Audio Modules rewrites are generally crappy since none reproduces the correct MIDI sound. Why don't you just merge put the audio files?.

If you want more SEs at the same time, just play more SEs at the same time. -_-

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on October 15, 2009, 04:37:59 am
Audio Modules rewrites are generally crappy since none reproduces the correct MIDI sound. Why don't you just merge put the audio files?.

If you want more SEs at the same time, just play more SEs at the same time. -_-

1) do you mean with an audio file editor? that defeats the purpose I was hoping that you could get the BGS sounds to overlap when more than one bgs source was in range

2) when I tried it it didn't work only one seemed to play... do you have to wait one frame or something?

Blizzard

1. Yeah, that was what I meant. As I said, it's not really possible otherwise since starting one BGS stops the other if another one is already playing.

2. Are you sure? My animations use several SE at the same time and it works just fine.

legacyblade

Same here. If you put a bunch of Play SE commands right in a row, it'll play all of them. however, a single Stop SE will stop all of them (it's sad :( )

Zeriab

I believe there is an audio script which uses FMOD.
Since FMOD is pretty  awesome imo the script could be rather nice. (FMOD is free for non-commercial games :3)

As for having a rain bgs and fire bgs you could 'cheat' and have a rain bgs and fire me.

Ryex

actual Zeriab I've already finished the script i needed this information for.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=4813.0

Zeriab

That's great :D
I apologize for reviving this thread then