Giving Enemies Elements (resolved)

Started by G_G, November 11, 2009, 09:08:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

November 11, 2009, 09:08:00 pm Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 12:05:42 am by game_guy
Okay well I'm using Blizz ABS and I have a Water Spirit summoned. Now I'm currently fighting a bunch of Fire Creatures.
Now the Fire Creatures aren't supposed to be able to hurt the water enemies at all.

Now I set the Water Spirit immune to fire but the enemies still hurt it. So I need to give the enemies an element for
they're attack.

How do I do this? If there isnt a non scripting way to do this I'll have to make a script.

Aqua

Have them use skills instead of attacks?

G_G

I was afraid I was going to have to do that. Trying to find another way that and I did try that before, but when they attacked me the damage was different then what they did to me when they normally attacked.

I'm going to try and come up with a scripting solution.

Aqua

Attacks and skills use different damage algorithms.
That's why the damages were different.

G_G

November 11, 2009, 09:27:40 pm #4 Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:59:37 pm by game_guy
Yea but thats what I'm trying to avoid. The fire creatures use spells and regular attacks.
So when they use the spells on the water creature it doesnt do anything. Thats right, now when it attacks it it damages it which I'm trying to fix.

But when I just gave them all spells and named one attack, it does more damage to me then their normal attack would. I know the attack and skill have different algorithms.

I'm just going to make a script.

EDIT:
The script was easier done then said XD

legacyblade

I think there's a script for that already. I'm not sure where I've seen it though.

G_G

November 12, 2009, 12:02:05 am #6 Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 12:05:34 am by game_guy
Here's the script if anyone wants to check it out.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=4967.0