yeah it was about 2 years ago Blizz.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

mila26

looks berry berry nice
i hope 2 see a demon soon

tSwitch

a demon?

if you mean a demo, there's a download link for the full game, it's done, not in progress, lol.

OracleGames

lol a "demon"
Hey Namkcor, i tried your game yesterday, but got stuck  :( i dont understad the controls, looks like as if i could
give infinite orders to a single character, how am i supposed to swamp them??
Nice music BTW

tSwitch

boisei0

Quote from: NAMKCOR on November 21, 2009, 12:05:47 am
read the manual

Like it wasn't that clear enough, read this, don't read this...
~Boisei0

Hellfire Dragon

November 21, 2009, 09:36:11 am #27 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:45:00 am by Hellfire Dragon
Downloading it now NAMK, looks very awesome :)

EDIT: I started playing a while ago, cleared the first boss and I'm on the next part, liking it so far, nice work ;)

tSwitch

thanks, glad you're enjoying it :)

Quote from: boisei0 on November 21, 2009, 07:48:44 am
Quote from: NAMKCOR on November 21, 2009, 12:05:47 am
read the manual

Like it wasn't that clear enough, read this, don't read this...

exactly

OracleGames

November 21, 2009, 08:04:28 pm #29 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:37:27 pm by OracleGames
That was rude, its not a tool its a game :o .. There should be at least a brief explanation IN the game for the average player that starts playing right away, i ensure most of them would just stop playing when they dont find an explanation for the most basic hotkeys.. well thats just my opinion, every commercial game now has the instructions included in the main program for a good reason..

winkio

November 21, 2009, 08:09:36 pm #30 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:51:06 pm by winkio
Most people read the manual and other included documents when they get stuck.  NAMKCOR isn't doing anything wrong (a tutorial is always nice, but not required).  He's not being rude either.  OracleGames find something better to do with your time than make a scene in other people's game threads.

OracleGames

Woaaah!.. Its just a suggestion, no need to rage.. all that im saying is that there should be in-game instructions like in most commercial games so the players dont not have to minimize and look for a manual in a separated folder it can damage the game presentation, its a suggestion, im not bashing anybody.

QuoteOracleGames find something better to do with your time than make a scene in other people's game threads.

Well theres a reason why people post their work right?? im just giving my opinion in the subject, you are the one making a scene whit that kind of comments, whatever i do whit my time is offtopic.
Nevertheless i like the game and im playing it.

winkio

November 21, 2009, 08:38:36 pm #32 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:46:56 pm by winkio
Lol don't try and play the victim.  You insulted someone in their own game thread.  That's not cool.

Then you edited the worst part out which I like.  But then, you made a post (the one after this) like you never did anything wrong in the first place, after you quite obviously made an edit that indicated that you were covering up something wrong.

OracleGames

November 21, 2009, 08:40:12 pm #33 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:56:17 pm by OracleGames
QuoteLol don't try and play the victim.  You insulted someone in their own game thread.  That's not cool.

How am i insulting Namcor? im commenting about his game presentation .. let him read my comments and know if he is insulted or not, stop thinking for someone else please :haha:

EDIT:
QuoteThen you edited the worst part out which I like.  But then, you made a post (the one after this) like you never did anything wrong in the first place, after you quite obviously made an edit that indicated that you were covering up something wrong.

You mean the part where i stated i liked the game and talked about the custumer treatment being bad?
im not covering it, i often edit my posts to sound good & clear ideas.. i still consider not making things clear for a customer is rude  :naughty: most games have manual in the instalation folder and the game itself, get over already, nobody gets hurt whit constructive arguments & critisism, its not going to take Namcor´s sleep away neither, thanks for making a huge teather over here.

Aqua

The act of insulting someone is still the same act whether or not the victim is insulted by said act.

And yes... you insulted Nam for saying that he treated his "customer" poorly when he just told you to read the manual.

OracleGames

November 21, 2009, 11:11:10 pm #35 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:13:47 pm by OracleGames
Quoteyou insulted Nam for saying that he treated his "customer" poorly when he just told you to read the manual.

My english is not perfect but tell me, is that even considered an offence?? Nevertheles i have no problem apologizing, the idea was to make a suggestion (the one i presented above) not to hurt someone´s feelings so im sorry if i did  :^_^':

tSwitch

November 22, 2009, 01:29:28 am #36 Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:30:33 am by NAMKCOR
I didn't put a tutorial in game for a couple reasons.

1) It'd break continuity - I wanted to avoid this
2) It wouldn't work story wise - these people have been here for months, they know how to fight.

The Manual is in the game folder.
The Readme points you to it.
Here's a quote:

QuoteOpen the Manual.htm file in the Manual folder
it explains all the unique stuff you need to know.

if you don't read it, you may find yourself confused by some
aspects of this game.

-- NAMKCOR

I put it there to help explain things so that I didn't have to break the game continuity just to explain how the battle system works, or how to use set points interface.  If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have made a manual.

I provided you with the resource to learn what you needed to know, you just chose to avoid it.

That all being said, you can put up to 6 moves on a character, not infinite moves, if you press ESC it'll take you to the previous actor, if any, if you click "Set" it goes to the next, if you click "Revise" it deletes moves from the bottom of the list up.

Blizzard

November 22, 2009, 04:30:27 am #37 Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:37:55 am by Blizzard
IMO tutorials are for casual gamers only. And you don't want to be compared to a casual gamer. #_#
Games 15 years ago didn't have tutorials either and they were JUST FINE.
Besides, I'd rather "lose" a customer than "get mindfucked" by a customer.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

that's what the manual is for anyway.

fugibo

Quote from: Blizzard on November 22, 2009, 04:30:27 am
IMO tutorials are for casual gamers only. And you don't want to be compared to a casual gamer. #_#
Games 15 years ago didn't have tutorials either and they were JUST FINE.
Besides, I'd rather "lose" a customer than "get mindfucked" by a customer.

I consider myself a casual gamer now (the occasional lite RPG or FPS). What, exactly, do you think is wrong with that? I'm definitely not a DS fangirl who can't get enough of Imagine and Nintendogs.