[RMXP] Planeswalker

Started by tSwitch, November 09, 2009, 05:52:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zylos

Haha, more drama over tutorials.

At least this time its better than someone being confused about saving the game at a save crystal.

tSwitch

Quote from: Zylos on November 22, 2009, 09:28:56 pm
Haha, more drama over tutorials.

At least this time its better than someone being confused about saving the game at a save crystal.

I explained save points in game just for him.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

OracleGames

November 23, 2009, 01:38:54 am #42 Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:43:33 am by OracleGames
That was 15 years ago.. A manual for a game was more like a luxury then a real need, but games were not that complex either.. sidescrollers,button smashing fighting games, shooters etc.. i remember playing sim city for the first time i did not know what i was doing thanks to the not so self-explanatory HUD, Icons..( Just like in most custom RMaker fighting systems) so i often checked the booklet manual that comes whit the CD case, now thanks to the competition there are hundreds of options out there trying to get your attention and a manual/tutorial watever is part of the presentation just like the title screen, you dont want the people whose you make the game for being stuck whit technical stuff, guessing, checking folders while it could be easier to reach xD

QuoteI explained save points in game just for him.

"ohh thanks i feel lots smarter now"  8)

QuoteI put it there to help explain things so that I didn't have to break the game continuity just to explain how the battle system works

You could also add a choice whether the player wants to go trough an explanation or not xD you dont have to break game continuity.

Well in conclusion i think a tutorial in-game is always a nice thing to have, sorry for flooding your game topic whit needless drama :P now that i think of it, the more views/replies the more traffic you get = more feedback..
good for you :D

Zylos

Quote from: OracleGames on November 23, 2009, 01:38:54 am
QuoteI explained save points in game just for him.

"ohh thanks i feel lots smarter now"  8)

We're talking about someone else on a completely different game. ^^;

OracleGames

QuoteWe're talking about someone else on a completely different game. ^^;

Someone that didnt understand how the saving crystals work? :S
:^_^':

Blizzard

November 23, 2009, 04:18:15 am #45 Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:21:14 am by Blizzard
@LF: You think you're a casual gamer? So you're using Windows, have a hard time remembering how to turn Windows off, don't understand quite well why it's so complicated since you can just pull the power plug, have a typing speed of 1.8 letters per second and are most probably a woman between 30 and 60? And I'm just getting started.
Think again!

That was 15 years ago.. A manual for a game was more like a luxury then a real need, but games were not that complex either.. sidescrollers,button smashing fighting games, shooters etc.. i remember playing sim city for the first time i did not know what i was doing thanks to the not so self-explanatory HUD, Icons..

Sim City's over 15 years old, you just defeated your own point. There are tons of old games without tutorials, but all had a manual and people were just fine, they weren't complaining about them not having tutorials. In fact I remember that most people skipped tutorials, if the games had one, because they were so annoying.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

You could also add a choice whether the player wants to go trough an explanation or not xD you dont have to break game continuity.

That breaks game continuity, and is why the manual is there.
If you wanted the explanation, you could have always read it.

tSwitch

bumping this real quick to say that Planeswalker is in RMRK's Project of the Month poll for December, as well as Wrath Steel and Locus, all deserving games, go cast your vote if you're a member.

</Zyloslikeplugforawards>

ShinyToyGuns

November 27, 2009, 06:04:14 am #48 Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:06:07 am by ShinyToyGuns
Voted; may the best game win :)
Days
I've missed so many days
In a world that has become an unfamiliar place
Now to you, I'm just an unfamiliar face

~Shiny Toy Guns, Blown Away (2008)

Zylos

Quote from: NAMKCOR on November 27, 2009, 02:57:01 am
bumping this real quick to say that Planeswalker is in RMRK's Project of the Month poll for December, as well as Wrath Steel and Locus, all deserving games, go cast your vote if you're a member.

</Zyloslikeplugforawards>

Shush you, I was just plugging for the eventing award. <_<

But anyway, yup, I voted for you too. ^^

tSwitch

I wasn't saying "vote for me" I was saying "awards are open, I'm there, vote for your favorite"

there's a total difference.
I mean, Wrath Steel is posted here too, I'd never try to gimp the competition

Blizzard

I don't get the end. What did he lose? ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

Quote from: Blizzard on November 27, 2009, 11:00:53 pm
I don't get the end. What did he lose? ._.

You've beaten it and you don't get it?
PM me or talk to me on IRC or something, lol.

tSwitch

Bumpdate.

Planeswalker has won POTM of December on RMRK, and I'm going to be releasing a special edition, complete with (possibly) achievements, and a Developer's Commentary mode :)

Aqua

[Faint]

I really enjoyed it! 8) but on a side note, what message system is that because I have been looking for one set up exactly how you have it lol.
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Calintz

really does look quite good NAMKOR.

tSwitch

thank you guys, sorry about not making the special edition, I got caught up in schoolwork.

Faint: it's CCOA's UMS.

[Faint]

Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA