New Project (name not revealed yet)

Started by Valcos, February 18, 2008, 06:43:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valcos

February 18, 2008, 06:43:40 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 06:56:49 pm by Valcos
  You may not have know but me and my good friend F.A.X. 8) Have been making a project :o.And we would like you to see our trailer/demo for it!! The game is not complete just yet :P. We also would not like to reveal the name to the project just yet either. We havent even made our actually post for the project so that will come in good time ;D. But either way we hope you enjoy what we got so far :D.

Here is the link!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ml2o1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U2KRPTG8

Fallen Angel X
Valcos
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Is this your first game? If so, then it's actually not that bad. Though I have to point out some issues. But before that, I'll state out the positives, or at least what I liked about it.

• The mapping is not that bad. Usually mapping is an issue with people but I wasn't daunted by how the map looked at all. Of course, I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece, since I'm not one of those kinds of landscape critics and there isn't much to say at all, but it's pretty above decent.

• I liked how you done the automated battle. I know there's some tutorial on it lying around here somewhere (Or another forum), but it's really nice.

• Coming Soon, Spring 2008. Reminds me of a movie. Heh.

Now I have some issues to nit pick, take them in consideration, and not aggressive killing-ish ways.

• My biggest issue is some areas of the storylines. It's not exactly the best of storylines, especially considering there are some cliches or a similarity of them drawing around (Such as an apocalypse. I can predict this has to be something about saving the world now, and that's a cliche in itself). I can't do any analyzing except that Hidan is a cocky person (He's confident he's the best, and hopefully he can show it) while Zarashi isn't exactly the person who likes the open battle air, or of that sort (Since he shrugged to join that army). Nevertheless.

• Dialect can be a fickle thing, but this part is nothing important. The refraining of commas is kind of strange in it. I'm used to seeing commas where some of the talking is, but when it's gone, it's gone! :O Oh well.

• Lastly, it depends on your outlook of the importance on this one. The hero has parished, huh? Well, according to many sources (Search Engine of truth!), parish is a Church related branch. I'm sure you instead of parished, you mean perished do you? This is the only spelling error I noticed, but that's probably because of a little mistake (Despite this appearing whenever the hero is mentioned).

I never look at demos. This was an exception, I was bored. So I'll look forward to this, and any future updates.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Valcos

;D Thanks for the nice detailed review (long :o). I'll take into consideration of what you said for the next time we update it. I'll make sure we have the commas where they are supose to be :P.(didnt even think of commas :P)
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

February 18, 2008, 07:30:47 pm #3 Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 07:57:11 pm by Fallen Angel X
Yeah I'm definitely going to take that into consideration!! Lol I didn't realize I made that spelling error and to be honest I'm not to fond of commas  :-[ And I agree it's cliche! BUT I can say this atleast! A cliche storyline can still be good with enough twists and turns!  ;D

I'll look forward to when I post it on the forum!

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Valcos on February 18, 2008, 07:24:05 pm
;D Thanks for the nice detailed review (long :o). I'll take into consideration of what you said for the next time we update it. I'll make sure we have the commas where they are supose to be :P.(didnt even think of commas :P)

Hey, long reviews are good. :P

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on February 18, 2008, 07:30:47 pm
Yeah I'm definitely going to take that into consideration!! Lol I didn't realize I made that spelling error and to be honest I'm not to fond of commas  :-[ And I agree it's cliche! BUT I can say this atleast! A cliche storyline can still be good with enough twists and turns!  ;D

I'll look forward to when I post it on the forum!
I can figure one of you guys don't like commas.  I agree on that as well, now it's up to your execution of the story to see how will Blitz and friends will turn out. 6:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Sally

i cant download right now atm... not on my computer... im on my moms

Valcos

Oh :D. Thats fine, just hope you download it when you get to your computer ;D.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

oooh oohh!! REQUIEM FOR A DREAM :)....thats my title theme for 1 of my games..
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Valcos

If you are saying that the name of this game :D You are wrong!! :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

Valcos

To be honest :D I dont really know the theme for it :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

lawl it is just look it up.
same theme XD

Fallen Angel X

Valcos

Is he  :P??!? Or maybe he isnt!! :o (probably is tho :P)
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

valcos if you want i got a remake of the sephiroth theme im using for the last battle in my game XD ill send it to u if u ask and im right cuz im using that theme it's from lord of the rings made by Lux Aterna

Valcos

Sure :D, wouldnt mind taking a look at it!
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

woooooh!! im hyped right now...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uv4isx here, it's awesome tell me how you like it as i said it's the last boss theme