[XP] State Requirement Skills

Started by [Faint], November 17, 2009, 09:20:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

[Faint]

November 17, 2009, 09:20:36 am Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:17:27 pm by [Faint]
State Requirement Skills
Authors: [Faint]
Version: 1.0
Type: Skill Add-On
Key Term: Custom Skill System

Introduction

Simple script that allows you to set state requirements for skills.

Features

• Very Easy to set up.

Screenshots

N/A

Demo

N/A

Script

Spoiler: ShowHide

#*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=#
# State Requirement Skills                                                     #
# Author: [Faint]                                                              #
# Version: 1.0                                                                 #
# Date: 11/10/2009                                                             #
#*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=#
#                                                                              #
#   This Add-on allows you to make skills require a specified state to be      #
#   inflicted upon the actor before they can use said skill.                   #
module SRConfigs

def self.req_state(id)
   case id
# Configs                                                                      #
#                                                                              #
#   when SKILL_ID then return REQUIRED_STATE_ID                                #
#   SKILL_ID            - ID of the Skill.                                     #
#   REQUIRED_STATE_ID   - ID of the State required to use the Skill.           #
     when 1 then return 17
   end
   return
 end

end

#==============================================================================#
# Game_Battler                                                                 #
#==============================================================================#

class Game_Battler

alias state_met? skill_can_use?
 def skill_can_use?(skill_id)
   data = SRConfigs.req_state(skill_id)
   return data != nil && !self.state?(data) ? false : state_met?(skill_id)
 end

end

Instructions

Place above Main.

Compatibility

No none compatibility issues.

Credits and Thanks

• Everyone here at chaos-project that has helped me out in understanding RGSS.

Author's Notes

Woot for first working script.
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

G_G

Very nice, I may use this in the future.
*databases*

Blizzard

November 17, 2009, 10:50:16 am #2 Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:53:48 am by Blizzard
Want me to add this to Tons? I could also add a few other of your scripts. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Faint]

sure :D I didnt think this would be worth to add to tons but if you want to add it then by all means feel free to.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Faint]

ShadowPierce

->Pretty good script...
*levels up*

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

[Faint]

:^_^': Thanks it's my first working script so naturally it's not very complex.

ShadowPierce

->Yeah, I remember when we were still asking so much questions...  :) Sadly, I still am...  :P

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

[Faint]

I just read lots of guides and such. Then I decided to make a new Project folder and just mess around and find what stuff did while referencing how to guides and syntax guides. :^_^':

ShadowPierce

->Yeah, I guess I'm just unlucky... The semester just started so I'll probably be slowing down on my project, and a girl just rejected me so I'm feeling reaaaaaaaaalllly bad right now...  :^_^': Anyway, good luck on your project!  :D

1161-0627-9890

Hellfire Dragon

Nice little script, I'll probably be using it ;)

[Faint]

Thanks, nice to know some other people besides myself have use for this.