Can't get monster to use skills!

Started by wertyjr, November 17, 2009, 02:23:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wertyjr

I am using Blizz-ABS 2.57 (or... 2.54... i downloaded a package called 2.57 but the Blizz-ABS config thing says 2.54)
And I am trying to make a boss fight more difficult. At the moment, he just walks up to you, attacks, backs up, and repeats. if you block, then attack, he dies easily. I figured a skill would make it harder, considering you can't block those, but... he ignores that he has it. o_o I have tried so much to get him to use it; changing the conditions, changing his ai settings, changing the skill settings, nothing. The only way i could get him to use it was by removing his ability to attack, then that was all he did! The same goes for people on your party; unless they are set to healer, or have no other way of attacking, they are going to just run up and attack; ignoring potentially useful skills.
    Has anyone here had a problem like this? It feels very basic and that the solution will be incredibly simple; i must be just overlooking something...
Anyone up for some Beach volleyball? <:D

dylanf3

Anyone?? I have the exact same problem :D :naughty:

legacyblade

I had the same problem, but figured I was just screwing up the config. Anyone know of a solution?

winkio

I'm pretty sure I have both enemies and allies using skills in Dissipate.  In fact, I know that allies do, because I remember the ally AI wastefully spamming meteor punch.  So look in there.