Smithing Animation scene...

Started by Satoh, November 17, 2009, 02:29:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Satoh

November 17, 2009, 02:29:42 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:31:12 pm by Satoh
Ok, I'm trying to make a scene that uses the current map (including a number of events that I need to play the background animations) to play an animation of the character and his partner hammering the sword on an anvil...

But, as I've never messed with displaying a map scene or battle scene... or any scene other than basic menus... I'm a little unsure how to do this...

It will only last for a few seconds and I don't want any interactions to be possible during the demo.

Can anyone help me with stuff like displaying the map and events and all? I tried looking at the Game_Map Spriteset_Map, but I really am not sure what's doing what...
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

You should probably just use an auto-animated event for that. o.o
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Satoh

Quote from: Blizzard on November 17, 2009, 03:09:45 pm
You should probably just use an auto-animated event for that. o.o

For the whole screen? This is something I need to happen directly from a menu, and then back to a menu after the animation. I don't want NPC's to be on the screen, just the background animation events.

How do you suggest I do that?

My Resources

legacyblade

You could have the script flip an event's self switch upon exiting the menu. That would probably do the trick.

Satoh

Quote from: legacyblade on November 17, 2009, 04:44:04 pm
You could have the script flip an event's self switch upon exiting the menu. That would probably do the trick.

I suppose that could work... though first I'll have to learn to interface script with events... (something I've never quite grasped)

I will screw around with that plan for now... I still would like to know how to do it script'ly... I eventually need to make my battle system for the game as well... so complex graphical mechanisms will need to be learned either way... but now I'm distracted by yet another side-quest!

My Resources

legacyblade

well if you want a reference on the switch flipping, just check out the script request aqua filled

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,4979.0.html

Satoh

November 17, 2009, 07:12:21 pm #6 Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:46:57 pm by Satoh
Ok, new question... how can I darken the color tone of just the tileset, but leave the Event sprites at normal color tone?

Is there a script command I can use on a single drawing layer? (I'm assuming tiles are on a separate viewport from sprites... )

EDIT: Actually... I need to change the color tone for everything but a specific few events...

My Resources

fugibo

Quote from: Satoh on November 17, 2009, 07:12:21 pm
Ok, new question... how can I darken the color tone of just the tileset, but leave the Event sprites at normal color tone?

Is there a script command I can use on a single drawing layer? (I'm assuming tiles are on a separate viewport from sprites... )

EDIT: Actually... I need to change the color tone for everything but a specific few events...

Create a transparent sprite with the color tone you need.