All tilesets in one !

Started by element, November 23, 2009, 03:18:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

element

All tilesets in one !

I thought this would be handy for a lot of people ;p
Well the title says itself... In the demo you can find all the tilesets in one !
To use them in your own game, just copy the All_in_one.png to the tileset page of your game near graphics
and copy the tileset from the database to a blank space in your database.

Demo

Have fun !  :D

Jackolas

November 23, 2009, 03:28:50 pm #1 Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:31:26 pm by Jackolas
this is only slowing games down since it needs to load a huge picture for every map.
Is better and faster for the game to use only tile-sets that have the stuff in that's needed for the map.
also the amount of auto-tiles is limited to have on it. and it takes ages to create the right pasability
QuoteI thought this would be handy for a lot of people ;p

nope. its only handy for peep that are new to RMXP and can't be arsed to make a good game.

element

I'm not having that problem.
could be that it will come later..

Jackolas

QuoteI'm not having that problem.
could be that it will come later..

yep it will. big time. I advise to make sure you start right and only combine tilesets that are really needed.
also if you can run it it do's not mean that everybody that wants to play your game can run it.

winkio

The main thing that I could see this being useful for is a world map or some such thing.

Jackolas

even for a world map I would not use it..
90% of the thing you not gone use. waste of space and load time

winkio

Wow I'm not even going to try explaining this to someone who has already locked onto a decision.

Jackolas

November 24, 2009, 03:00:19 am #7 Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 03:03:07 am by Jackolas
I can understand why it can be useful for a world map. but don't think you need for example the castle interior etc for it.
Personal I would edit it in such a way that I remove all the things that is not used for a world map. and only use what's really needed.
that way you save space on the size of your final project and the world map will load faster
it is a 6MB load for every lvl instead of 100KB what it can be

element

to begin i'll start combining al exteriors and all interiors to 2 seperates
ok ? :p

Jackolas

to be fair m8 it depend on the project you work on.
I would use for every project other combinations.

if I make a middle-age kinda project I don't need space etc.

its pure based on the project you want to use it for.

element

that's true
maybe ill make other combinations later.
now i'm first going to finish my game...
there's a lot of work to do before its finished  ;)

(Hexamin)

elementisland -

i think it's cool you put all this together, i know it prolly took some time, especially setting all the passability and priorities and such, and i'm sure some people will use it, if nothing else for map theories and drafts

jackolas -

dude chill, you made your point, then you killed your point by repeating yourself so much, then you kicked the dead point by repeating yourself even further.  try keepin' your brilliant "criticism" to yourself until you find some tact.
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

element

Quote from: (Hexamin) on February 11, 2010, 11:10:51 am
i know it prolly took some time, especially setting all the passability and priorities and such

Yeah ...

Only thing I still want to know is if it legs whit other people.
Ill see the effect in a month or 2 when my game's finished

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: (Hexamin) on February 11, 2010, 11:10:51 am
jackolas -

dude chill, you made your point, then you killed your point by repeating yourself so much, then you kicked the dead point by repeating yourself even further.  try keepin' your brilliant "criticism" to yourself until you find some tact.

SO damn true. I agree with this 100%