[VX] Help using individual character frames when changing graphics

Started by kael, December 13, 2009, 02:50:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kael

I apologise if this has been posted before; I couldn't find it searching the boards here.

I've been having trouble with RMVX in regards to selecting individual frames when using the event 'Move event' -> 'Change Graphic'. In RMXP, it was how I animated my characters for story-related cutscenes Eg:

Change Graphic: 'Herowave' 0, 4, 2
      Wait: 2 frames
      Change Graphic: 'Herowave' 0, 4, 3
      Wait: 2 frames

Etc...

However, when I try and do this in VX, the individual frames aren't selectable, only allowing me to select a full 'sheet'. Is there a way to alter or fix things so that I am able to select the individual character frames within a sheet (in the same way as selecting an event's initial graphic)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's driving me berserk. Knowing me, it's probably something deceptively simple, but I have all the scripting skill of a blind orangutan  :^_^':

Cheers

Holyrapid

Have you tried using one man sheets (the sheets that have $ infront of the name, and have only one guy) and then selecting... I don´t have VX (ATM) so i can´t test this, but that´s all i can think of...

kael

Thanks for replying  :)

I use custom graphics from converted XP sheets, but yeah, I've tried adding the '!$' before their name. I can select the individual frames when intially choosing the event's page graphic, but not with the 'change graphic' function. It doesn't seem to work with the original VX RTP sprites, either.