[XP] 3 Man CBS

Started by Nortos, February 20, 2008, 01:23:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nortos

February 20, 2008, 01:23:22 am Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 09:27:18 pm by game_guy
3 Man CBS
Authors: Nortos
Version: 1
Type: CBS
Key Term: Custom Battle System

Introduction

Side view animated battle system

Features

• Face sets
  • 3 Man
  • Party and enemy health bars
  • Animated Battlers
  • Compact Layout

Screenshots

Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jojmw10u1tj
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=89U4YD3E

Instructions
Instructions are in the script

Compatibility

May not work with complex battle systems or limit breaks

Credits and Thanks

• Seph for enemy and player bars
    Credits for Animation system: ShowHide

#==============================================================================
    # ** Animated Battlers - Enhanced   ver. 10.3                      (10-30-2007)
    #
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #  * (0) Credits:  Includes features included & additional system notes
    #  Animated Battlers by Minkoff
    #  Enhancements by DerVVulfman       
    #  Low percentage and Status Poses
    #     Concept & Base coding by Twin Matrix
    #  Hero & Enemy z.depth concept by Min-Chan and Caldaron ( totally redone :) )
    #  Collapse stack-error found by JirbyTaylor(fixed) / Code by SephirothSpawn
    #  Default 'Battle Animation' glitch found by Mimi Chan (Note, can't fully fix)
    #  Compatability Fix for 'Gradient Bars v3.4+' by Trickster.
    #  AT Battle Pause code supplied by Fomar0153
    #  'None/All' Target error found by daigotsu. Solution found & fixed... mostly.
    #  Configurables now saved in save file.  Feature requested by MasterMind5823.
    #  Viewport error (related to Gradient Bar fix) detected by Alistor.  Fixed.
    #  Long-running Full-Screen 'Battle Animation' glitch found by Mimi-Chan. Fixed.
    #  Dead battlers found still on battlefield at combat start (found by Angel_FX).
    #  Variable frames per poses glitch found by Mimi-Chan... found source n fixed.

#
    #  INTRODUCTION:
    #
    #  This script is not a battlesystem but a graphic overlay system that can con-
    #  vert a frontview 'Strategy'  battlesystem into a Sideview battlesystem.   It
    #  has gone through a number of changes over the months that I have put my spin
    #  on the system, originally coded by Minkoff himself.
    #
    #  As of now, this system works  with the default battlesystem, the RTAB system
    #  by Cogwheel, ParaDog's ATB, XRXS's system,  and a number of systems designed
    #  by Trickster.
    #
    #  Again,  this system  changes the  'graphic'  overlay system  and is meant to
    #  change the battlers  and battler's startup positions  for a sideview system.
    #  It is not meant  to alter  anything else,  including combat values,  defense
    #  levels, or any other graphics other than those related to the battlers them-
    #  selves.
    #
    #
    #  REGARDING:
    #  Skill and Item Scopes:
    #  Until recently,  the revised system did not allow  for target scopes beyond
    #  a single target.  This was unintentional and unforseen.   However, with the
    #  revision made in version 7.3, this was corrected. But, skills or items that
    #  have a target scope of  'None'  would still create an error if this form of
    #  attack is set in either $moving_item_atk or $moving_skill_atk hashe arrays.
    #  Don't supply the id #'s of any 'None' scope skills/items into these hashes.
    #
    #
    #  COMPATABILITY ISSUES:
    #
    #  RTAB:  Connected Attacking
    #  A powerful add-on to the RTAB system by Cogwheel, this script allows an ac-
    #  tor to apply multiple hits on a target.  At first, there was no auto-detect
    #  feature which gave ME MIGRANES... having to use insert switch in the config
    #  section.  Now there is one.  The only caveat is that you must STILL comment
    #  out or remove the entire 'action_phase' routine in Con. Attacking (which is
    #  roughly lines 30 to 80).
    #
    #  LARGE PARTY (Fomar0153's)
    #  In order  to take advantage of the 'Large Party' system,  and still keep the
    #  actors and enemies in the proper viewport,  the second half of Fomar's Large
    #  Party script (the Battlestatus Page) must be placed under Animated Battlers.
    #  The first page  must still  be pasted  above the  battlesystem script(s)  as
    #  before.  Please follow all of Fomar0153's instructions as always.
    #
    #
    #   ADDITIONAL CALLS AVAILABLE PRIOR TO COMBAT:
    #
    #  SIDEVIEW MIRROR:     This value switches  the positions  of both enemies and
    #                       heroes to opposite ends of the screen.
    #
    #   Script : $sideview_mirror = [number]
    #   number : a value indicating whether the hero & enemy positions are switched
    #            0 = Default:  Enemies on the left, Heroes on the right
    #            1 = Switched: Heroes on the left, Enemies on the right
    #
    #  BATTLER FORMATIONS:  This value changes the way your heroes line up when the
    #                       battle starts.
    #
    #   Script : $formation_style = [number]
    #   number : a value indicating the type of formation your heroes will use
    #            0 = Diagonal (Default)    4 = Column Pattern 1
    #            1 = Diagonal Pattern 2    5 = Column Pattern 2
    #            2 = Slanted Pattern 1     6 = Wave Formation 1
    #            3 = Slanted Pattern 2     7 = Wave Formation 2
    #
    #            8 = Randomized (system will choose from 0 to 7)
    #
    #  FORMATION OPTIONS:   These values  may expand your system  to go beyond the
    #                       default four player system.
    #
    #   Script : $formation_max_member = [number]
    #   number : A value indicating the maximum number of members in your party.
    #             (default = 4)
    #             
    #   Script : $formation_max_height = [number]
    #   number : A value indicating (in pixels) the top height of your party shown
    #            in the Battle Screen.  The higher the number, the lower the party
    #            on the screen. (default = 220)
    #
    #   Script : $formation_max_width  = [number]
    #   number : The left/right width of the party's formation.  (default = 128)
    #
    #   Script : $battlestatus_height = [number]
    #   number : The actual height of your battlestatus window. (default = 160)
    #
    #  NOTE: The combined $formation_max_height and $battlestatus_height determines
    #        the vertical distance between battlers in their formation.
    #
    #
    #   Things added since original version by Minkoff:
    #
    #   Can reverse the battler positions
    #   Editable spritesheet layout in script
    #   Able to define total/max frames per pose
    #   Can define individual # of frames per each pose
    #   Can use 'red-out' RTP death or 'battler death' pose
    #   Can show battler falling before death.
    #   'Casting' pose now available for RTAB/Skill Timing users
    #   Can show battler celebrating before victory pose
    #   Can tag battlers who's victory pose loops indefinitely
    #   Can show actor battlers get ready before battle starts.
    #   Separate poses for 'skills', 'items' or 'weapons' based on their id
    #   Can allow the battlers to step forward before using items & skills (FFVII+)
    #   Attacking battlers rush towards their targets while item & skill users don't
    #   Certain weapons can force the battler NOT to move
    #   Certain items & skills can force battlers to 'rush' the enemy
    #   Certain skills or items can force movement to the center of the screen
    #   Stationary enemies. In case enemies do NOT move when they attack.
    #   Adjustable 'low health' checker. Set your low health to 25%... 30%... 10%...
    #   Poses now available for status ailments
    #   Dead revert to 'victory' pose bug fixed.
    #   Default battlers now available for actors and/or enemies
    #   Default battlers now usable by ID number (had to rewrite red-out for that)
    #   Escaping Enemies bug found by SteveE22.  Fixed just as fast.
    #   Hero Formations (total of 8 hardwired -& 1 random- ... add at your own risk)
    #   Z-Depth for attack overlapping purposes
    #   Corrected attack overlap offset routine.  Overlap now based on battler size
    #   Certain skills and items can now prevent movement
    #   Can allow battlers to take step forward before performing 'attack' pose.(FF)
    #   Certain weapons can move battlers to center screen instead of a full move.
    #   Escaping Enemies can now have a pose before disappearing (was a rush pose)
    #   Redesigned Scene_Battle's movement routine
    #   Added pose for Critical Hits
    #   Added the enemy's hash for frame number based on poses
    #   Added the actor's hash for frame number based on poses
    #   Re-Tooled the formations to go beyond the default four party system
    #   Minor value added for compatability with Delissa's Battle Cry script
    #   Default Collapse Stack-Error fixed(code by SephirothSpawn) found JirbyTaylor
    #   Removed dependancy on $game_system for the Sideview Mirror system
    #   Fixed the 'Blocking during Victory State' bug discovered by Kaze950
    #   Battler tones now adapt to the background tones, requested by doom900
    #   Fixed changing battler/battler system.  Include fade-in switch req by Neonyo
    #   Set individual Actors/Enemies that phase on an attack
    #   Translucent battlers... a personal desire for ghosts you can see through!
    #   Adjustable opacity for translucent battlers... can't forget that.
    #   FREAKIN'!!!  Fixed the Battler tones.  I forgot to 'untone' the 1st viewport.
    #   Adjustable 'attack/skill/item' movement speeds requested by KAIRE.
    #   Removed annoying translucency 'flicker' (excess code totally unneeded).
    #   Individual 'Woozy' Rates per battlers added (JirbyTaylor gave me the idea).
    #   Woozy and Status poses now override any blocking pose.  Makes sense, eh?
    #   Can now use individually sized spritesheets for enemies and actors.
    #   'Casting' pose now available for ParaDog's Spell Residence/Delay users.
    #   Another escaping enemies (do-nothing switch) bug found by Boomy. Lengthy fix
    #   Redefined the casting pose values.  Now set up for 'each' battler.  Better.
    #   ---Noted: 'FullScreen' Battle Animation bug found by Mimi Chan.
    #   A combination 'Nil'-Pose/Nil-State bug was fixed.  Found by Gaxx
    #   'Templates per Spritesheet' system for Actors and Enemies now available.
    #   ---Noted: Removed Battle Animation attempted fix. (Can't fix.  Removed.)
    #   Created 'Obtain Pose' for multiple spritesheet types to shorten code.
    #   Added additional 'Custom Spritesheet' poses for the Casting pose & the like.
    #   Added individual 'Casting' poses hash for each skill used.
    #   Added addt. Advanced 'Custom Spritesheet' pose system for Casting & the like
    #   Removed the unnecessary 'viewport.z' statement, compatible with Grad. Bars!
    #   System 'can' pause the AT bar growth when performing attack, skill & item!
    #   A 'None / All'-Target bug was found by daigotsu.  Taken care of... mostly.
    #   Configurables (like $sideview_mirror) not saved. Bug found by MasterMind5823
    #   Now a 'casting' pose available when used with the Skill Casting Delay system
    #   Bug squashed related to Casting Pose addition
    #   Random Formation/Custom Battlesystem bug found by Alistor.  Very small fix.
    #   The Actor Command Window was 'under' the battlers.  Found by Alistor. Fixed.
    #   Moves actor battlers into viewport 1.  Fixes hero/window menu glitches.
    #   Fixes the battle animation glitch found by Mimi Chan by relocating enemies!
    #   Additional compatability with Fomar0153's Large Party (v2) system added.
    #   Fixed a minor bug with battle poses if called from a Custom Sheet template.
    #   Can tag battlers who's defeat poses loops indefinitely (Hakuya suggestion).
    #   Dead guys now hidden at battle start (visible if 'raised) Thanks Angel_FX.
    #   Converted the CONFIG section to use 'constants' to reduce resources used.
    #   Converted the $global RTAB/ParaDog/Fomar detection values to $game_system.
    #   Includes an Adaptation Switch for use with RTAB's Connected Attacking script
    #   -Finally- Connected Attacking is auto-detected.  Adaption switch not needed.
    #   Got tired of referring to IDX nos for template.  Poses start at 1, not 0!!!
    #   Replaced all but '7' $global values with $game_system values.  Resources!!!
    #   Revised the AT bar growth system for Trickster's newer battlesystems.
    #   Repaired the Victory Pose looop/no-loop glitch found by joooda
    #   Now you can config where the targetting arrow is (long overdue).
    #   Repaired some CTBs 'non-existant' moved values - found by bojox3m.
    #   System cleanup.  Condensed a number of existing routines.  Made new ones.
    #   Added Flatrate HP feature to the 'low health' checker. A Boo Mansion request.
    #   Battlers can seem to be attacked from behind with the 'Advantages!' system.
    #   Added 'STRUCK by...' poses. Indiv. poses based how you're attacked Kaze950)!
    #   Fixed the DEFAULT_ACTOR_ID collapse bug. RTP battlers die collapse style!
    #   Repaired a bug in the 'Casting Pose' routine for ParaDog's Spell Delay.
    #   Reduced the number of instance variables & set up as 'locals'.
    #   Repaired a 'Variable Frames per Pose' glitch found by Mimi-Chan.
    #   Better handling of 'same pose' attack pausing.
    #   
    #   93 counted

Blizzard

You should increase the command window's width and change its positions so no space is inbetween.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

he based it off the layout i wanted :) i'm surprised this was moved to script database

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

It's a sideview CBS, that's rare. :P
And it's a CBS, those are not easy to make.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spoofus

yeah i know i praised Nortos for his nice work for this..and oh for those who use the animated version that Nortos did for me as well.if you have a issue where the character in the first position slot runs behind the enemy when attacking (vise versa if a enemy is attacking the first position it goes behind it) just let me know i found a way to fix it. but yeah i think Nortos is up there with Blizz now in my opinion :)

Nortos

pfff bs lol these are easy I find layout stuff I would have no idea to do some of the stuff Blizz does

Valcos

Nice CBS ;D!! I gotta find a new battle system using the default from XP :P
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Sally

February 20, 2008, 06:02:02 pm #7 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:05:36 pm by Susys
ahh! awsome! i think i like it.. just a question tho dose it work with PKE?

maby have the hp bars for enemys on the enemy's head... kuz its hard to tell what one is what.. :P

Juan

It should through the font probably won't work.
Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Sally

February 20, 2008, 06:54:26 pm #9 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 06:56:03 pm by Susys
im testing it now.

it dose work. :)

Valcos

I liked the battle system ;D... but to be honest wasnt to big of a fan of the sprites :-\
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Nortos

dollmages you can change the configuration to just use charsets or whatever you want. Also I can maybe sometime make that an option to put the health bars on the enemys Susy

Calintz

Small CBS, but a good one =)

Vein Pyroclasm

I have absolutely no clue how you use this....

Dragon X

January 27, 2009, 11:22:29 am #14 Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 12:32:54 pm by Dragon X
I have the old RTAB system with the connected attacking feature, It's giving me lots of problems so this should help.
Well I'll put something in here eventualy.

ShadowPierce

->Sendspace doesn't work & megaupload doesn't let me download because of something about my IP address? May I request a new link or something?  :plz:

Please & thanks!!! ^^

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

G_G

Kyra

Quote from: Vein Pyroclasm on January 20, 2009, 03:31:11 am

First you download the Demo, and open it up with RPGXP. Then you look into the scripts and modify what you wish, and follow the instructions inside. I have been planning to use something like this really. I just need to learn how to move things around (like the health bars and enemy name placements) and I should be fine.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Kyra on April 17, 2011, 09:14:14 pm
Quote from: Vein Pyroclasm on January 20, 2009, 03:31:11 am

First you download the Demo, and open it up with RPGXP. Then you look into the scripts and modify what you wish, and follow the instructions inside. I have been planning to use something like this really. I just need to learn how to move things around (like the health bars and enemy name placements) and I should be fine.

Try and pay a little more attention to the dates on posts to which you are replying. You should get a warning when you're posting in a topic that hasn't been posted in for a long time. Though necroposting is acceptable if it's relevant, try and use common sense when replying to old posts - the user to which you are replying hasn't even logged onto the site for more than a year.

This is just a friendly reminder.

Spoofus

wow i thought i was the only one using this script since it was made for me      weird