[REQUEST]Sideview Battlers

Started by GAX, November 29, 2009, 01:20:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

November 29, 2009, 01:20:54 am Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:51:15 am by GuardianAngelX72
I need some sideview battlers for a project that'll work with either RPG Tankentai or Minkoff's system.
3 male, 1 female, PM me for specifics and if you need the template.

I'll more than likely need multiple versions of each character, but first things first.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can do this ^_^

UPDATE:  Okay, I'm going to start NEEDING sprites soon.  I'm currently going into overdrive with Chaotic Fury and I will be REQUIRING battle sprites ASAP.

So far, only one character design is CONFIRMED ready.

WARNING:  This is an original character I worked my ASS off to design.  Anyone caught stealing this WILL be dealing not only with my foot so far up their ass, they will be retriving their head from the earth's orbit, but you'll also be dealing with some...others.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Need a sprite of her using two pistols.

This sprite needs to be done ASAP.

Depending on who does a good job, I may have more work for you.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

GAX

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

wolfspirit

Don't you use the normal characters for a sideview battle?

Holyrapid

In tanketai you can indeed do that. Don´t know about Minkoff's SBS though. But, i´m thining GAX wants something like those that have 11 frames in them, for using item, skill, attack, idle etc. But, yes, with Tanketai´s SBS you can use normal spritesets.

GAX

Yeah, I'm looking for the nice ones Minkoff's system...wouldn't be sad I need:
1 Male character wearing tight cybernetic armor (grappler)
1 Female character with long blonde hair wearing armor (Refference Saber from Fate/Stay Night, but replace the skirt with grieves and give it a futuristic look). (knight)
1 Male character with long silver hair wielding a scythe
1 Male gunner wearing a suit simmilar to the first male, but with combat fatigue pants rather than the body armor

GAX

Jalm

You've been really patient with this, so it's only fair that I at least try this.  :P

Well, I've never attempted this style before, and it actually looks kinda hard, so I'm going to apologize in advance if I somehow mysteriously disappear.

Do you have any charsets or drawings of your characters? It'll save me the part where I actually have to think and use creativity.

GAX

http://void-media.net/shio/KSVB_Templates.Series_1.zip

That should be the templates for the sideview battlers...it shouldn't be too difficult

For the male Grappler, take a look at something like Kamen Rider Black or even Master Chief (just colored black), and give him medium-length brown hair with red bangs.

For the female "Knight", look at Saber from Fate/Stay Night and just modify it so instead of a skirt it's more like combat armor.

For the scythewielder, give him long white hair in the style of Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist, but make his clothes like a mass of shadows (I'll find some refferences, but I'm thinking something like the final picture of ZERO from Code Geass - Nightmare of Nunally.

And for the gunner, black ops camoflauged skin tight body suit, the gunner should have hair like the male gunner from the RTP but grey.

I'll post pictures when I can, but if you can put together some simple mockups we can work up from there.

Thanks ^_^

Jalm

For the Knight, I think I can get away with editing this. Just tell me what to add or change. I most likely have to add grieves or something.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb135/zieg1516/kasier_btl.png

The Grappler is gonna have to be custom'd...So I'll put that off for last.

Scythewielder, I have no clue. I'll wait 'till you get some references.

Gunner could probably borrow a few parts from this, but I'll still have to do a bit of work for it...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb135/zieg1516/gunner_btl.png

Again, I'm not promising anything, but you've really got nothing to lose.  :P

GAX

I remember a while back that Dollmage did a scythewielder battler...pretty much something like that but make the clothes black and tattered and the hair white/silver.  The knight is effectively perfect for the job and just needs to grieves.

Thanks Jalm ^_^

Jalm

You mean this?

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8900/ziegfredadultdollmagehg4.png

I hate the idle pose. (makes mental note to fix it later)

And he sure uses a lot of effects that'd kinda be hard to work with in MSPaint...The motion blurs, I mean.

GAX

Aww =/ Well, do what you can...guess I'll look elsewhere for some of these...but why are you using MSPaint?  Get Paint.NET or something man!

Jalm

My design for the Knight is pretty much final, but I think I completely misunderstood what you wanted for the Scythe-wielding guy. =/

And I've just been using MSPaint forever, so...Why change?

GAX

Give the girl's armor a darker blue tone if you can.

For the scythe whielder...it'll work if the armor and gold are turned a gunmetal color or blackish, and the boots should be black as well.

Otherwise, lookin' good Jalm ^_^

Jalm

You mean like this, or something? (will fix the shading later)

If you want to get the most work done for your time, you should try and get those other two spritesheets done by someone. This'll take at least a week, anyway, and if you still don't find anyone, I'll be able to pick it up again later.

GAX

Looks good Jalm, can you make the scythe wielder's armor a little darker though?

Jalm

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9972/wipshowoff.png

I'm gonna stop progress updating now. Will post it when finished, but it'll take time.

GAX

GAX

Jalm

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4993/requestwip2.png

It's...pretty much done. Actually the only thing I have left to do is add the shadows, but NO ONE WILL NOTICE. DX

(Although if it does bother you, I'll finish it properly...later...)

Sorry it took a while. I should've finished this days ago, but I was hit by random bouts of sprite inspiration (*points to Jalm's sprite topic*), and I have my own projects to worry about, of course...

As for the other one, gimme another few days/week. Aside from that mock sprite, I haven't actually started yet.

If you haven't found anyone for the other two, I'll take those up afterwards. Half of me wants to actually do some custom-ing this time, because all I've been doing so far is splicing and recolouring, but...these spritesheets...take a long...long...time.