Help with game engine

Started by Miracle 00, December 02, 2009, 02:51:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Miracle 00

December 02, 2009, 02:51:38 am Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:52:50 am by Miracle 00
Hey guys its been a while I need some opinons on which version of the game engine I should buy Studio im not getting thanks for the help
here the link http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d (BTW near the buy now button it says binary vs pro? click that)

Blizzard

Torque is a fucked up version of the Irrlicht engine. Better use OGRE, it's free and it's actually better.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

I'm currently using the Source engine for my Associates Degree capstone project, but I don't suppose you want a FPS engine.

What Blizz suggested is likely the most accessible and useful option, Torque is kinda gimped and buggy, at least 2d was, I'd not put much stock in 3d myself.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

I've worked with OGRE and I'm very satisfied. It has all the basic stuff you need and even loads of the advanced stuff. i.e. using HDR lighting in OGRE is not really a big problem. I can only recommend it. And the API documentation is very good unlike most Open Source projects I've seen around, especially their online documentation which is even more extensive than the chm file you get with OGRE itself.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Miracle 00

Thanks Blizzard for the help,sorry can't type much got 2 go cricket
(WOOOOO!!!)