Styles for Blizz-ABS

Started by Hellfire Dragon, December 01, 2009, 03:06:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

December 01, 2009, 03:06:03 pm Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:53:18 pm by Hellfire Dragon
Styles
Version: 1.0
Type: Battle Add-on

Introduction

Allows players to cycle through multiple 'styles' during battle. Basically each style sets certain skills to hotkeys so players can swap between attack skills and healing magic (for example) quickly during battle without the need to bring up the hotkey menu.

Features

• Allows quick and easy swaping of skills
  • Includes a Styles HUD
  • Just change 2 variables in the beginning of the common event to change the HUD position easily

Screenshots

The HUD isn't too impressive and that's really all you'd be seeing

Demo

Download - Mediafire

Instructions

Just copy+paste the common events into your project and set the variables.

Credits and Thanks

• Hellfire Dragon
  • Blizz for making the most awesome ABS ever :D

Author's Notes

There's one little bug that I haven't been able to figure out yet. If you have the hotkey section of the Blizz-ABS HUD active and you change styles, the style change won't work until you deactivate the hotkey HUD but if the hotey HUD isn't active it works just fine.
Other than that, report any bugs in this thread ;)

Blizzard

December 03, 2009, 03:15:25 pm #1 Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:17:38 pm by Blizzard
The bug: Which keys are you using to change the styles? IDK why, but maybe something goes wrong during the hotkey display update.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

I'm using Q and E for the style change.

Blizzard

Well, that's kinda weird. O_o It shouldn't conflict.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Eternal

December 04, 2009, 10:58:57 am #4 Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:00:18 am by Eternal
Wait a second, so you can't change styles when the hotkeys are active, but you can when they're not...?
How's that a small bug?

Oh, and couldn't you just do so that when the player presses the style changing button, the hud deactivates and then activates again?

I like idea a lot though, im using it for sure xD

Hellfire Dragon

I'd count it as small anyway :P

QuoteOh, and couldn't you just do so that when the player presses the style changing button, the hud deactivates and then activates again?

Could be a temporary fix I guess. It would look weird if the HUD flashed everytime you changed styles though :p

QuoteI like idea a lot though, im using it for sure xD

Blizzard

I can take a look at it if you want.

Hellfire Dragon

Eternal

yay, Blizz-Man is on the job!

Blizzard

December 07, 2009, 05:44:04 pm #9 Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:45:12 pm by Blizzard
Ok, I checked it. It's not really an error, but it is my fault. Since I didn't expect that hotkey setup for one actor would change during the map scene, there is no handling for it when the actor changes item hotkeys or skill hotkeys. Only when the player actor is being changed (read: player switches party leader) the display is being refreshed. I did this to improve performance a slight bit (comparing arrays can be costly). I'll make it so it does check it in the next version since comparing 2 arrays of 10 elements isn't really much of a performance impact. So just use Blizz-ABS 2.71 when it's release and you'll be fine.

EDIT: LOL!

Quote from: Blizzard on December 03, 2009, 03:15:25 pm
The bug: Which keys are you using to change the styles? IDK why, but maybe something goes wrong during the hotkey display update.

Way to predict what was causing the error. xD

Hellfire Dragon

element

cool
Ill use this if you wont mind.

Could you add that the game map resets it when the player chooses a new style ? So you wont need to reuse X to make the hotkey hud dissappear and reappear.
Also a page where the player can make his own styles could be cool.
However i think that when you planning to do that you'll need to script ... :p

However, Cool event system !

Hellfire Dragon

Alright thanks :) For the player to create his own styles I'd say that would definetly be a script though :uhm: