[XP] Continuous Maps

Started by Blizzard, December 14, 2009, 06:25:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyuu

Hello, good evening.
I'm sorry this topic up.
This script works perfectly but when I save my game, I apply a change in the editor (RMXP) and I restart the game, the map is displayed in the wrong place. So to put it right, I'm up and down the character and do the same on both sides full of ... Do you have an idea to fix this?

(My game screen is changed, it went from 640x480 to 256x192.)

PS: Sorry for my English, it's Google Translation ...

Heretic86

Demo crashes for me.  Also crashes using the most up to date version of the script from the OP.

Line 248: NoMethodError
undefined method `<' for nil:NilClass

Question:

How well does this script work with Fog when crossing between maps?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Blizzard

January 08, 2013, 04:06:42 am #82 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:38:31 pm by Blizzard
I haven't tried any fog.
I'll check on the crash.

EDIT: I have both fixed the crash and added proper support for fogs. Keep in mind that the fog might behave differently if you change it from the default fog of the map. But apart from that, the fog will support proper positioning, even when scrolling. Generally you're not supposed to connect maps with different tilesets/fogs anyway.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

glad300

Hi everyone,
The script works perfectly but there is a serious problem with the b-abs (v.2.84) : when you puts enemies on differents map, only ennemies in the map you spawn will be displayed. However, any other events doesn't have this problem. If i turn caterpillard or intelligent passability off, it doesn't change anything. How to fix that ??

Thanks to help me  :)

(ps: I'm not english so I perhaps made mistakes but i hope you'll be able to understand everything)

Blizzard

I will have to take a look at this. Usually all enemies should be displayed as they are nothing else than events.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

glad300

Blizzard

I have taken a look at it and found the problem. It was a simple fix. I uploaded v1.41.

Wingard

Hi!
I'm a huge fan of Continous maps script and of Custom Resolution script as well (by ForeverZer0), but unfortunately they dont work together! D: I tried copying it into the continous maps demo and while teleporting to the second map consisting of few smaller maps game crashes and shows that in the line 427 "+" is an undefined method for Nil class or something. I tried different resolutions but i aim into 1300x740.

I was wondering - is there a way to make these two scripts compatible with each other? That would be so awesome! :D

Sorry for mistakes in english, and many thanks to you for making wonderful scripts for rpg maker xp. :)

Blizzard

To be honest, I am not entirely sure why this would happen. While there are a few potential problems with the compatibility of these scripts, it doesn't seem to me that there should be any since this script isn't really dependent on screen resolution. I would have to look deeper into this, but I don't really have the time. :/

KK20

May 20, 2013, 04:19:56 pm #89 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:26:21 pm by KK20
Just for clarification, that error is pointing to the Custom Resolution script at this line:
return $game_map.priority_data[@x, @y] + z

In the demo, the error occurs after choosing to teleport from the crystal to the next map. I used a series of prints to see what values we're getting.
$game_map.priority_data.xsize = 50
$game_map.priority_data.ysize = 15
[@x, @y] (which are Game_Character variables) = [18, 26]

The 50 and 15 are indeed Map003's width and height. But the coordinates (18,26), which belong to the pink-haired girl on Map003, is after the maps have all been combined together.

So, from what I'm seeing, either the solution is to convert the Game_Character coordinates temporarily to fit within the range of the priority_data table or combine all the maps' priority_data into one table. The latter sounds easier.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

If I remember my script right, I combined all tile data into one big table, too. So combining priority data would be a natural extension of that. I'll take a look at it in the next few days.

glad300

Would it be possible to connect maps with differents tilesets ?

Blizzard

Nope. Due to the nature of how RMXP handles maps, all map data is merged into one virtual map during display. Otherwise it would need much more RAM and it would lag like hell.

glad300

Nevermind, thanks for your help

glad300

Hi, I think i found an other bug: when using blizz abs with this script, ennemies can move from a map to an other one (if they are neighbor) but if you kill an ennemy wich is not on his map, sometimes you earn infinity experience and drop infinity items. You have to move to a nehibor map to stop it  :???:
any idea ?  :)

glad300

Im using the last version of all the scripts

Blizzard

I'll have to look into that.

syldocaine

I just noticed, that the map doesn't update properly while loading a saved game after adding some new events or changing existing events in the editor.
I have to re-enter the map to update the events on the map.