[XP] Continuous Maps

Started by Blizzard, December 14, 2009, 06:25:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

You didn't configure it properly if you didn't even get to start the game. That happens during the translation of the configuration you put together to a format that is easier to access within the script.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Quote from: Blizzard on August 02, 2010, 03:29:18 pm
You didn't configure it properly if you didn't even get to start the game. That happens during the translation of the configuration you put together to a format that is easier to access within the script.
Translation of the configu-what the fuck? Sorry, really don't understand that last sentence. I'll look at the config again at a later date.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Blizzard

Doesn't, matter. Just make sure you did the config right. Refer to the few examples I left in there.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

The Niche

Ok, thanks. I think it might save on people asking about this if you removed the script from the original post and put a note in saying that they need the demo because this is hard to configure.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Blizzard

Yes, except after the very last bracket.

chronocross

September 10, 2010, 03:23:50 pm #65 Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:28:06 pm by chronocross
Not sure if this has been resolved.

Regarding the 'Transfer Player' & 'Events' problem. And also the one with the interior building problem

I added the interior map with x and y offset set to 0 sample below
Map ID = 2 is an interior map

MAP_DATA = [
    [1, 3, 20, 0],
    [2, 2, 0, 0],
 ]

When using transfer player to another map, you might have problem with events.
Example: You transferred player from map 1 to map 2, all events existing in map 1 and 3 will also be present in map 2.

So...

in the Game_Map section I had these modifications:

Added:

Quotedef name
 $map_infos[@map_id]
end

Added:
Quotelast_map_name = $game_map.name

(below last_map_id = @map_id )

changed:
Quotesetup_continuous_events(last_maps, last_map_id, last_map_name)

to:
Quotesetup_continuous_events(last_maps, last_map_id, last_map_name)

changed:

Quote  def setup_continuous_events(last_maps, last_map_id)

correct_event_positions(last_maps) if last_maps[@map_id] != nil
   delete_removed_events(last_maps, last_map_id)
   shift_events_from_last_map(last_maps, last_map_id) if last_map_id != 0
   shift_events_for_new_map
   add_new_events(last_maps, last_map_id)

end

to:

Quote  def setup_continuous_events(last_maps, last_map_id, last_map_name)

correct_event_positions(last_maps) if last_maps[@map_id] != nil
   delete_removed_events(last_maps, last_map_id)
   shift_events_from_last_map(last_maps, last_map_id) if last_map_id != 0
   shift_events_for_new_map

if last_map_name != $game_map.name
     delete_all_events
   end
   add_new_events(last_maps, last_map_id)

end

And added:

Quote  def delete_all_events
     @events.each_key {|key|
         @events.delete(key)
      }
 end

Hope this helps.

Blizzard

The Niche

K, Blizz. Got a little problem now that I've finally got the script working. If I try to view four maps at once, I can only see three. The one I'm on and the two beside it. The one diagonally across doesn't show up.

Blizzard

Connect the fourth to the first one. You need to define it in the configuration so the map actually shows up since the maps are supposed to be visible at the same time.

The Niche

Thanks very much. I should've guessed, I really should XD

Cid

October 04, 2010, 06:13:36 am #70 Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 06:36:11 am by Cid
Solved my problem shortly after posting. Become something of a habit recently. >_>

Oh well, still gives me a chance to say what a great script this is. Perfect for world maps.

monkeydash

I have a map where there is a rat. Two maps over (connected) there is a guardsman on patrol.
They both have default detection range of 5 squares set, but for some reason the guard keeps running over two maps to kill the rat and then starts patrolling where he finishes up.

Firstly is there a way to stop this? If the rat happened to wander over to him he can kill it, (that's what he is there for) but I dont want him going looking for it. I dont understand how he can see a rat 90 squares away with just a 5 square detection range. Hearing range is 40%. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Secondly, if he does wander off, is there a way to make him go back to where he is meant to be?

Thirdly, if I kill the rat myself, its corpse appears on the next map over. Of course this is not entirely desirable.

diagostimo

i have a problem with this script, i have a common event set up that records the players y position on the map, then returns at a custom windows index depending where abouts the player is on the map, heres my event:
Spoiler: ShowHide

so as you can for map id 34, it splits the map in half and returns at index 174  or 155 depending whether the character is on the top or bottom half of the map, the problem is it constantly returns at index 174 no matter where you are on the map, and yes its defiantly this script, i removed it and it worked perfect :/ 

knight92

hello,
I recently downloaded this script, and I find it amazing, I would like to know if there is the possibility of replacing a map based on a game variable.

example
map 1 is connected to map 2, change the value of a variable during the game, then the map 1 is connected to the map 3 instead of map 2

something like this

MAP_DATA = [
        # [MAP_ID1, MAP_ID2, X_OFFSET, Y_OFFSET]
        [1, $game_variables[5], 17, 0], # connected map 1 and 2 where 2 has an X, Y offset of 25, 0
        [$game_variables[5] , 4, 20, 10],
  ]

sorry for bad English  :shy:

Blizzard

No, you can't do it like this. All map data is initialized before the game runs. If you then change a variable, it won't have any effect. Besides, if you use this code as is, it will definitely crash your game right away as $game_variables doesn't exist when you start the game.

Diamond Star

November 16, 2012, 06:25:58 pm #75 Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:42:48 pm by gameus
this script very perfect and useful to me much ,but I have a problem:

I use your party caterpillar system that included in Tons of Add Ons collection
then, when the party move from a map to another the caterpillar's member gather in the leader place
because it actually the other map is loaded so the caterpillar system return from start.
So, I want a way make the party when move between maps those seems as one map not to dissapear and restart whenever go to new map without bugs.

Of course this should be no hard to you because really you are the most prefect scripter I see in RPG world, and I need this necessarily else I will not be able to use those systems togather and will left one of them.

Reverted title to original topic's name to avoid confusion. ~ gameus
I have many dreams and look for who understand me and help me to achieve them

Blizzard

November 17, 2012, 04:31:52 am #76 Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:18:34 am by Blizzard
I'll take a look at it. If it's an easy fix, I'll add it.

EDIT: I have fixed it and updated the script to v1.3.

Diamond Star

I waI use Blizzard party caterpillar system of tons of add ons ,but there is a compitability problem between this script and that system, Where when moving from a map to nearby map the party member disappear and gather in leader's position as the party caterpillar system return again.
So ,I want this not to happen ,but the caterpillar continue walking normally as long as the party doesn't transfer from map to another with default feature in RMXP.

I wish my [roblem to be understood and be corrected due to its important in using this perfect systems togather

Blizzard

That's exactly what I have done yesterday. :)

Quote from: Blizzard on November 17, 2012, 04:31:52 am
I'll take a look at it. If it's an easy fix, I'll add it.

EDIT: I have fixed it and updated the script to v1.3.

Diamond Star

Very thanks gor your fast response.
I sure it'll done perfectly....