Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizered67

Here's something I have been working on in my free time. I guess its kind of like minecraft, but from a 2D
top-down perspective. Feedback is appreciated!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEPXvQuLtmY

AliveDrive

Now this is really cool! :D
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Wizered67

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

AliveDrive

You could do more than just minecraft with this system.

It would be cool to see a Harvest Moon, or a Final Fantasy Tactics, or even a combination of the two!
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

MarkHest

I just decided to remake the main city, Ystal, for The Missing Part. Here are four screenshots of how it was before and how the new style is.

Old Ystal Gates: ShowHide

New Ystal Gates: ShowHide

Old South Ystal: ShowHide

New South Ystal (Out-zoomed): ShowHide

Zexion

I really like the new ones :b they seem more...city-ish than normal rtp
(side note) I really enjoy topics like this one.

sasofrass

I spend too much time on things I map, not even sure if they're good or not compared to people lol.

But, here is a look at one:

Majority of my maps are over detailed like this one, I try and make the game look as nice as possible.

Zexion

February 20, 2012, 05:47:09 pm #1207 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:19:07 am by Zexion
Nice map! I tend to suck with normal rtp... but then again my mapping in general is pretty bad.

Here's a map from the zelda world in my game. Supposed to have a twilight princess feel to it, but with names and stuff from ocarina of time. The name of the map is Fairy springs because that's where the great fairy is summoned.

Map:
Spoiler: ShowHide

In-Game:

KK20

Can't really say I have beautiful maps, but c'mon, it's Advance Wars!
Grit is so cheap: ShowHide

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Futendra

February 23, 2012, 11:20:41 am #1209 Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:22:14 am by Futendra
Escaping cops like a boss in NFS Carbon: ShowHide

Notice that I am in a cooldown while surrounded by destroyed cops :D

Vexus

March 13, 2012, 07:33:39 pm #1210 Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:05:12 am by Vexus
Warning! very large in size.

Or link if it doesn't work: https://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1ptZHkShrDWVkK3kEkX_ACZ6Njhxgn7Bw3qTwie6OvrRq8n6j8mp5r8Zr6TFw1ZW8dr3Rok5VSUiO7rEf6_pvySA/Middle%20Grounds.png?psid=1

(Note. The upper/bottom corner has some priority issues but ingame they work fine. I used a program to take a screenshot of my map and it took some events correctly while others not.)

This is one of my maps in my project.

Yes I know it's very big (240x200) it will lag on people with old pcs I know it all.
Current Project/s:

Zexion

Um the link is broken :P

here's a screen shot of the battle system I'm making....

Blizzard

Oh, look, it's me. :3
BTW, why is the screen so small?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vexus

March 14, 2012, 04:27:29 am #1213 Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:05:42 am by Vexus
The picture is showing fine on my end, it does take a little to load but I can clearly see it O.o

Oh well, it might be a problem from my end. I thought I understood how to properly put a link from skydrive to show on a forum as the file size exceeded most photo uploading sites I know so I couldn't upload it anywhere else free.

Anyway I tried posting a link now too.
Current Project/s:

Zexion

@vexus
OMG that has to be the biggest map I've ever seen in my life.
Props man, It looks nice compared to my cheap maps lol. I don't know how you put such detail in a huge map.

@blizzard
well it adds more ... "depth" to the game. I can't explain it, but it looks nicer when you only see a certain part of the map, and not the whole map at once. My other choice was to double every sprite size in the game o.o...

Vexus

It's not easy and it takes a bit to complete if your improvising like I did. I got other maps in the works around that size but they are far from ready would be useless posting them.
Current Project/s:

MarkHest

March 19, 2012, 02:36:13 pm #1216 Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:38:10 pm by MarkHest
This is the new Center Part of Ystal in The Missing Part. (Ystal is the main city)
I had to put the view mode to 1:2 to get all of it, then take two screenshots and fuse them together in photoshop :P

WARNING: Extremely Large Image

KobraStatik

Quote from: MarkHest on March 19, 2012, 02:36:13 pm
This is the new Center Part of Ystal in The Missing Part. (Ystal is the main city)
I had to put the view mode to 1:2 to get all of it, then take two screenshots and fuse them together in photoshop :P

WARNING: Extremely Large Image

Wow! This screenshot is great; though maybe you could do something a little less squarish for the road? It just seems to stand out so much....
And where did you get this awesome tileset? :3
"You are one seriously crazed up fruitloop." ~ Danny
"You put to 'quo' in 'quid pro quo'." ~ Vladimir
"Why yes I am a tropical fruit, thank you for noticing, good sir." ~ Kobra

MarkHest

March 19, 2012, 03:21:42 pm #1218 Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:24:54 pm by MarkHest
@KobraStatik: Thanks :)
I guess the roads can be fixed up one way or another.
Oh, and the tileset was taken from something called Pandora's Box (RMXP Resources). I think it was Game_guy that first told about it in the shoutbox once so i went there and downloaded it.
It's roughly 6Gb of recourses for RPG Maker XP :P

Here is the link to the video that holds all the download links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEbt17X1CBE&feature=my_favorites&list=FLkRQtwCYFoM0WHUPuSKApig
(If you're going to download, read the comments made by me and the replies i got to figure out how to decompress them, it's a bit tricky :P)

EDIT: Whoa, the guy at the video even added some separate download links in .rar format. Forget what i said about the decompressing thing, you're not going to have problem with that  :^_^':

KobraStatik

Ah, thanks so much for the link! So many downloads....@.@
Good luck with that road! ^_^
Maybe I should post a screenshot...
"You are one seriously crazed up fruitloop." ~ Danny
"You put to 'quo' in 'quid pro quo'." ~ Vladimir
"Why yes I am a tropical fruit, thank you for noticing, good sir." ~ Kobra